• Thread starter John Gilham
  • Start date
  • Watchers 3

Welcome to Explorness!

Looking for a peaceful place to meet other photographers from all around the world ? Then join us for FREE!!!

The member has asked your opinion about his/her photo(s) attached in the topic.
Opinion wanted 

Thomas Becket Church in Fairfield Kent UK

Camera type
Mirrorless camera
Camera sensor
Full-frame
On the marshland of Romney Marsh is a lonely church of Thomas Becket in a lost village of Fairfield in Kent England UK

St Thomas Becket Church (GR50171)_DxO.jpg

John Gilham
John Gilham
I am a keen self taught amateur Photographer based in Kent, the Garden of England in the UK. My photographic pleasure is derived from capturing high quality images, mainly landscape but they could be any subject that pleases my eye. I have been...
View all 1 featured items
Jack

Jack

Photo Shooter :)
Staff member
Top Poster Of Month
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
An other beautiful photo, thank you for sharing. I like the clouds. What camera are you using?

John Gilham

John Gilham

Jan 2, 2024
Edit my images
No
I have to say I love the R5, its by far the best camera I have had. It was to be my last upgrade and then a few weeks after I tripped over and damaged it. My wife told me to buy another as I would never be happy with a damaged camera so I did then got the damaged one repaired (£1500) so I now have two bodies.

Jack

Jack

Staff member
Top Poster Of Month
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
I have to say I love the R5, its by far the best camera I have had. It was to be my last upgrade and then a few weeks after I tripped over and damaged it. My wife told me to buy another as I would never be happy with a damaged camera so I did then got the damaged one repaired (£1500) so I now have two bodies.
That's a bit expensive. I have 7d m2 and m50, still happy with them. I probably could upgrade them, but decided to get into drones more.

Are you doing stock photography as well?

John Gilham

John Gilham

Jan 2, 2024
Edit my images
No
Hi Jack yes I agree and originally thought I would sell one body on but have just decided to keep it. I have had a 7D MkII and loved that too. I have a Dji mini3 Pro and enjoy playing with that from time to time. I think I enjoy the video processing more that the flying. I have some on YouTube if you are interested https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQQ0my7CZV8_PG66o2s8D-Q

John Gilham

John Gilham

Jan 2, 2024
Edit my images
No
Sorry Jack I didnt answer your question re Stock Photography.
Yes I upload all my portfolio to a number of Stock sites, Dreamstime, Getty Images, Alamy and Shutterstock. I get most sales through Shutterstock but starting to see more from Dreamstime where the commission is also higher.
I also sell via Photo4Me and Fine Art America / Pixels who are print on demand outlets where the commission is much higher and can be set by myself.
Generally speaking I dont make very much from sales but its always nice to see my work wanted and sometimes a google search shows where they go.

Cookyphil

Cookyphil

Jan 1, 2024
Edit my images
Yes
On the marshland of Romney Marsh is a lonely church of Thomas Becket in a lost village of Fairfield in Kent England UK
Beautiful photo!

Last edited by a moderator:
Jack

Jack

Staff member
Top Poster Of Month
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Hi Jack yes I agree and originally thought I would sell one body on but have just decided to keep it. I have had a 7D MkII and loved that too. I have a Dji mini3 Pro and enjoy playing with that from time to time. I think I enjoy the video processing more that the flying. I have some on YouTube if you are interested https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQQ0my7CZV8_PG66o2s8D-Q
Thanks, checked and subscribed. You could create videos for YouTube, I started recently more serious videography and video editing, and invested in a new laptop. You can check my YouTube channel on my profile if you wanted it.

It is interesting editing these videos, but I also like flying.

I still love my 7d m2, will keep it till end, as I already own a lot of glasses for it.

I like the mini 3 Pro, but I found that my air 2s does better in terms of photography.

Jack

Jack

Staff member
Top Poster Of Month
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Sorry Jack I didnt answer your question re Stock Photography.
Yes I upload all my portfolio to a number of Stock sites, Dreamstime, Getty Images, Alamy and Shutterstock. I get most sales through Shutterstock but starting to see more from Dreamstime where the commission is also higher.
I also sell via Photo4Me and Fine Art America / Pixels who are print on demand outlets where the commission is much higher and can be set by myself.
Generally speaking I dont make very much from sales but its always nice to see my work wanted and sometimes a google search shows where they go.

Do you upload individually on each platform? I started to upload all my content last year, took me around 10 months to upload on all them sites. Keywords, description, etc.

How these print of demands works?

John Gilham

John Gilham

Jan 2, 2024
Edit my images
No
Do you upload individually on each platform? I started to upload all my content last year, took me around 10 months to upload on all them sites. Keywords, description, etc.

How these print of demands works?
Yes I upload individually as I think thats the only way. I dont post everything I have just those worthy of entering my portfolio. Some stock sites like Dreamsworld, Getty and Shutterstock now have a semi automatic Key word suggestion process which helps a lot. Alamy is still a bit of a grind. The Print to Order sites work in the same way but they mainly promote prints either as a straight print or on canvas, metal or framed with a choice of frame style and backboard ready to hang on the wall. Those you set your own commission so they can be more lucrative, but you your position in the search engine can be effected by setting your price too high.