Photography Time spent to take a photo

• Thread starter Jack
  • Start date
  • Watchers 3

Welcome to Explorness!

Looking for a peaceful place to meet other photographers from all around the world ? Then join us for FREE!!!

General photography discussion.
Jack

Jack

Photo Shooter :)
Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Very good thread to talk about landscape spots and photography.

How much time do you spend on taking a landscape picture?

TMG1961

TMG1961

Feb 8, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Ver little actually, i am not someone that plans a shoot. At the moment i am not at that point in my photography journey. Still busy learning and fine tuning the things i know.

panos_adgr

panos_adgr

Feb 8, 2022
Edit my images
No
I try to be early on location to study and choose my spot. But when I visit places which I haven't visited for some time then the light guides me. In some cases it has happened to me to move with the car here and there to catch up the light and ambiance of it at some places.

I have certain ways of workflow and I try to think and know what to do before I set my tripod so when I setup my gear on the spot the time needed is quite efficient to get my photos without wasting my times.

There have been times though, that I've missed great shots because of light shift for seconds or minutes.... So I try always to be a bit earlier on the spot. I can't say that I have a certain amount of time I spent to take a photo. Sometimes is minutes and some times It might be an hour or two, at the same spot waiting for the right moment.

The best thing is to be alone and with plenty of time in order to enjoy it and to be focused.

• Admin
Jack

Jack

Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Ver little actually, i am not someone that plans a shoot. At the moment i am not at that point in my photography journey. Still busy learning and fine tuning the things i know.

I do spend little time as well, but rarely. But also, depending on the picture, if I have a nice photo which I want to make it special, I can spend more than 10 minutes.

• Admin
Jack

Jack

Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
I try to be early on location to study and choose my spot. But when I visit places which I haven't visited for some time then the light guides me. In some cases it has happened to me to move with the car here and there to catch up the light and ambiance of it at some places.

I have certain ways of workflow and I try to think and know what to do before I set my tripod so when I setup my gear on the spot the time needed is quite efficient to get my photos without wasting my times.

There have been times though, that I've missed great shots because of light shift for seconds or minutes.... So I try always to be a bit earlier on the spot. I can't say that I have a certain amount of time I spent to take a photo. Sometimes is minutes and some times It might be an hour or two, at the same spot waiting for the right moment.

The best thing is to be alone and with plenty of time in order to enjoy it and to be focused.

You slightly lucky that you can move you car freely if you don't like the spot, here in UK you can't. But you can move yourself freely šŸ˜‚.

Anyway, I do spend a bit of time as well, especially if it's nice outside.

panos_adgr

panos_adgr

Feb 8, 2022
Edit my images
No
You slightly lucky that you can move you car freely if you don't like the spot, here in UK you can't. But you can move yourself freely šŸ˜‚.

Anyway, I do spend a bit of time as well, especially if it's nice outside.
Yes I'm a bit lucky. I also like to spent enough time because I enjoy nature and all these true beautiful things.

• Admin
Jack

Jack

Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Yes I'm a bit lucky. I also like to spent enough time because I enjoy nature and all these true beautiful things.
I believe you donā€™t have much problems with parking in Greece?

panos_adgr

panos_adgr

Feb 8, 2022
Edit my images
No
I believe you donā€™t have much problems with parking in Greece?
Well it depends where you are. I once believed that in Athens parking your car is hard until I visited other European countries and cities. The most unforgettable was Barcelona... I was there for a business trip visiting an exhibition. I was with a colleague of mine. We stayed for 4 days. We rent an Opel Insignia which we drove from the airport to the hotel parking. It stayed there till the last day when we took it to drive back to the airport. We were using taxi all the time.
Anyway. There are areas in Athens where is hard to find parking but not unachievable. In Greece generally no. Parking isn't an issue. Only in the very centre of large cities or in the centre of traditional towns.

• Admin
Jack

Jack

Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Well it depends where you are. I once believed that in Athens parking your car is hard until I visited other European countries and cities. The most unforgettable was Barcelona... I was there for a business trip visiting an exhibition. I was with a colleague of mine. We stayed for 4 days. We rent an Opel Insignia which we drove from the airport to the hotel parking. It stayed there till the last day when we took it to drive back to the airport. We were using taxi all the time.
Anyway. There are areas in Athens where is hard to find parking but not unachievable. In Greece generally no. Parking isn't an issue. Only in the very centre of large cities or in the centre of traditional towns.
Is parking expensive in Athens ? Here in London parking is a problem, you have to every time you park you car, you can find some free parking but Thatā€™s mostly in national parks where usually I tend to go to take some landscape images.