Welcome to Explorness!

Looking for a peaceful place to meet other photographers from all around the world ? Then join us for FREE!!!

The member has asked your opinion about his/her photo(s) attached in the topic.
Opinion wanted 

Waterfall

Drone brand
DJI
EXIF
Iso 200 f1.7 0.5s
Recently taken with my Dji Mini 3 pro at Natural Bridge, Springbrook Gold Coast.

phonto.jpeg

Jack

Jack

Photo Shooter :)
Staff member
Top Poster Of Month
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
I never tried to do long exposure with my drones. Do you stack them? Or how you achieve that? I know on mini 3 Pro is only 2 seconds max on shutter speed unfortunately.

Morexp57

Morexp57

Feb 12, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
I never tried to do long exposure with my drones. Do you stack them? Or how you achieve that? I know on mini 3 Pro is only 2 seconds max on shutter speed unfortunately.
2 seconds is more than enough for a long exposure. Sometimes it's even too long if you want to leave a little texture in the water flow.

P

Philp

Feb 19, 2024
Edit my images
No
Actually i just use the ND 1000 filter on pro settings. It opens the shutter longer..

Jack

Jack

Staff member
Top Poster Of Month
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Actually i just use the ND 1000 filter on pro settings. It opens the shutter longer..

Nd1000? My max nd I have on my drone is nd64. So basically I need to use high nd filter to open the shutter speed for longer?

Jack

Jack

Staff member
Top Poster Of Month
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
2 seconds is more than enough for a long exposure. Sometimes it's even too long if you want to leave a little texture in the water flow.

I've tried couple of times with 2 seconds, and haven't achieved what I wanted. Even during the night time.

P

Philp

Feb 19, 2024
Edit my images
No
Nd1000? My max nd I have on my drone is nd64. So basically I need to use high nd filter to open the shutter speed for longer?
Yup its great for waterfalls and water hitting rocks… i found that filter works so good for that effect after feedback from other drone users.

Jack

Jack

Staff member
Top Poster Of Month
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Yup its great for waterfalls and water hitting rocks… i found that filter works so good for that effect after feedback from other drone users.

Thanks for this tip. Would you say that an nd64 will be alright? Or needs higher nd filter?

P

Philp

Feb 19, 2024
Edit my images
No
I use all freewell ND filters.. there really good 👍🏻

Jack

Jack

Staff member
Top Poster Of Month
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
I use all freewell ND filters.. there really good 👍🏻

I purchased some free well nd filters for my avata. Didn't had a chance to use them yet. The weather is rubbish.

But for my air 2s and mini 3 Pro I have the filters from dji.

P

Philp

Feb 19, 2024
Edit my images
No
I purchased some free well nd filters for my avata. Didn't had a chance to use them yet. The weather is rubbish.

But for my air 2s and mini 3 Pro I have the filters from dji.
Wow how many drones do you have?

Jack

Jack

Staff member
Top Poster Of Month
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Wow amazing!!! 🤩

Not using them as much as I wish. But now I'm leaning towards video creating and YouTube channel. I pulled the trigger and bought an expensive laptop as well for video editing. Otherwise, could purchased a mavic 3 Pro.