Photography What do you like to get with you for photography trips to drink and to eat?

• Thread starter NataliaFlejszarPhoto
  • Start date
  • Watchers 4

Welcome to Explorness!

Looking for a peaceful place to meet other photographers from all around the world ? Then join us for FREE!!!

General photography discussion.
NataliaFlejszarPhoto

NataliaFlejszarPhoto

Staff member
May 18, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Here is my cup of hot chocolate in the Botanical garden in Oulu, Finland, during a break in shooting pictures! I love to get with me hot chocolate or coffee and chocolate with me for my photography trips, sometimes a sandwich aslo. Eating or enjoying cup of coffe or chocolate in beautiful scenery it\s so enjoyable :love:
The picturte taken a week ago during a photo trip to the University of Oulu Botanical garden, it\s just 6km rom my home, it's a wonderful place!
What about you?

20221001-PA010375.JPGco

panos_adgr

panos_adgr

Feb 8, 2022
Edit my images
No
Nice topic.

It depends on where I go. If I go to a trip I take food and beverage with me. Especially if I'm going to shoot sunrise or sunset that means that I'm gonna spent time on location. I carry with me food like sandwiches fruits or snacks or energy bars. Sometimes I take food but rarely. And for beverages, water and juices.

Sometimes I take coffee with me.

• Staff
NataliaFlejszarPhoto

NataliaFlejszarPhoto

Staff member
May 18, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Nice topic.

It depends on where I go. If I go to a trip I take food and beverage with me. Especially if I'm going to shoot sunrise or sunset that means that I'm gonna spent time on location. I carry with me food like sandwiches fruits or snacks or energy bars. Sometimes I take food but rarely. And for beverages, water and juices.

Sometimes I take coffee with me.

Thanks panos_adgr panos_adgr glad you like the topic 😉

Yeah quite same like here , I don't like to be hungry and thirsty when I go shoot pictures, especially when I think to be longer on a location or a trip 😃 same as I care for a warm clothes also... and some of chocolate as sugar gives fast energy and some of pleasure I need when I shoot pictures 😄. Usually warm drinks and chocolate are enough for me 😄

panos_adgr

panos_adgr

Feb 8, 2022
Edit my images
No
Thanks panos_adgr panos_adgr glad you like the topic 😉

Yeah quite same like here , I don't like to be hungry and thirsty when I go shoot pictures, especially when I think to be longer on a location or a trip 😃 same as I care for a warm clothes also... and some of chocolate as sugar gives fast energy and some of pleasure I need when I shoot pictures 😄. Usually warm drinks and chocolate are enough for me 😄
I would love one time to travel and see the northern lights! But it is very cold there.

I once worked in Seefeld in Tirol Austria. Alps! I still remember how cold it was in winter. I used to were many clothes to keep myself warm and I bought special shoes with Gore-Tex insulation. I remember that -11 was an ordinary temperature. The lowest I experienced there and in my life was -24 degrees.

• Staff
NataliaFlejszarPhoto

NataliaFlejszarPhoto

Staff member
May 18, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
I would love one time to travel and see the northern lights! But it is very cold there.

I once worked in Seefeld in Tirol Austria. Alps! I still remember how cold it was in winter. I used to were many clothes to keep myself warm and I bought special shoes with Gore-Tex insulation. I remember that -11 was an ordinary temperature. The lowest I experienced there and in my life was -24 degrees.

Autumn and spring are good times for hunting Nothern lights as isn't still very cold and good occasions for that 😄, but I like winter also... 😄.
My the lower temperature I experienced in Finland is -30C 🥶😄

Jack

Jack

Photo Shooter :)
Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
I usually say that I should prepare something before the trip, but in the morning I'm too excited to see the places that I forget about food, and had to buy it from shops 😅

• Staff
NataliaFlejszarPhoto

NataliaFlejszarPhoto

Staff member
May 18, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
I usually say that I should prepare something before the trip, but in the morning I'm too excited to see the places that I forget about food, and had to buy it from shops 😅
I understand it can go like this also 😄
What do you buy usually from shops for a trip?

Andy Smith

Andy Smith

Feb 10, 2022
Edit my images
No

One of my favourite places panos_adgr, I love Innsbruck and Seefeld especially both in summer and winter.

Andy Smith

Andy Smith

Feb 10, 2022
Edit my images
No
There are so many roadside food stalls throughout Thailand that I never bother preparing any food, I prefer to just stop by the roadside if I am hungry and catch up with the locals over a nice meal.

Jack

Jack

Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
There are so many roadside food stalls throughout Thailand that I never bother preparing any food, I prefer to just stop by the roadside if I am hungry and catch up with the locals over a nice meal.

That's what I usually do, but sometimes local shops are slightly expensive. 😅

NataliaFlejszarPhoto

NataliaFlejszarPhoto

Staff member
May 18, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
It's good also to stop for eating in bars or restaurants during photo trips, but I don't eat outside too often because it costs a lot ,cheaper to prepare foods itself and you know what you eat😄

NataliaFlejszarPhoto

NataliaFlejszarPhoto

Staff member
May 18, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
I would say is worth preparing some food, to save some money. 😅

To save money I buy a lot of food on online stores and in grocery stores on sales and promotions and of course local fresh vegetables and fruits when it's possible 😊

Morexp57

Morexp57

Feb 12, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Here is my cup of hot chocolate in the Botanical garden in Oulu, Finland, during a break in shooting pictures! I love to get with me hot chocolate or coffee and chocolate with me for my photography trips, sometimes a sandwich aslo. Eating or enjoying cup of coffe or chocolate in beautiful scenery it\s so enjoyable :love:
The picturte taken a week ago during a photo trip to the University of Oulu Botanical garden, it\s just 6km rom my home, it's a wonderful place!
What about you?

View attachment 819co
If I'm planning an all-day photographic trip, I take some bread and cheese, with a tomato or two if it's summer, and above all water!
Lately I've been doing mostly half-day walks, usually in the morning, and eating in a small restaurant on the way back. It's clear that it's not the same budget! Swiss restaurants are very expensive!

Jack

Jack

Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
To save money I buy a lot of food on online stores and in grocery stores on sales and promotions and of course local fresh vegetables and fruits when it's possible 😊

I don’t buy food online, I like to go to the store and check the quality myself, including expiry date. But I do buy online chemicals , these are not important, and it’s worth saving on them.

NataliaFlejszarPhoto

NataliaFlejszarPhoto

Staff member
May 18, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
I don’t buy food online, I like to go to the store and check the quality myself, including expiry date. But I do buy online chemicals , these are not important, and it’s worth saving on them.

I know 2 online grocery stores which I trust and brands, and a I don't like the fact that the world waste too much food... lot of food even after the " best before "is still fully eatable... same I eat healthy food based on vegetables and fruits and save money🤩😄

Jack

Jack

Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
I know 2 online grocery stores which I trust and brands, and a I don't like the fact that the world waste too much food... lot of food even after the " best before "is still fully eatable... same I eat healthy food based on vegetables and fruits and save money🤩😄
To be honest, is very hard to save money nowadays, everything is expensive, even if you buy online, I don't think the price will be much lower compared to when you go to the shop, of course depending on your local shop as well.

I try to go to cheap local shop, however, the difference isn't that big.

panos_adgr

panos_adgr

Feb 8, 2022
Edit my images
No
Everything is expensive now. And it is not only that everything is expensive... It is that the salaries have remained the same for the last 15 years and more.

So everything is going up and our income remains the same.

Jack

Jack

Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Everything is expensive now. And it is not only that everything is expensive... It is that the salaries have remained the same for the last 15 years and more.

So everything is going up and our income remains the same.

What I have learnt, if your boss doesn't want to pay you more, leave the job, get an other qualification and move on with better pay. That's exctalty what I have done. And I don't regret it, even if my job is not a dream job.