Photo editing What panels do you use in Lightroom or Camera RAW during editing your pictures?

• Thread starter NataliaFlejszarPhoto
  • Start date
  • Watchers 3

Welcome to Explorness!

Looking for a peaceful place to meet other photographers from all around the world ? Then join us for FREE!!!

This topic is opened to chat about photo editing softwares.
NataliaFlejszarPhoto

NataliaFlejszarPhoto

Staff member
May 18, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Hello guys!
I'm editing already my pictures in Lightroom classic cc and noticed that I don't use much the Calibration panel 🤔😄, although I've been editing all my pictures in this program since 2018 year, I used it just a few times 😂.
Usually Basic adjustments panel is enough for me , sometimes I use the HSL/ colour panel and just sometimes Tone Curves...😄. I fully forgot also about Color Grading panel 😂. I use also othen Effects panel and details, but not much the Lens Correction or transform..
What about you?😄

Andy Smith

Andy Smith

Feb 10, 2022
Edit my images
No
I pretty much use all the panels most of the time.
I have a few presets I use that I made with certain basic adjustments, (simple dodging & burning, basic colour grade, etc) which saves time and helps me get the image to where I want it to be before I move across to photoshop.

• Staff
NataliaFlejszarPhoto

NataliaFlejszarPhoto

Staff member
May 18, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
I have a few presets I use that I made with certain basic adjustments, (simple dodging & burning, basic colour grade, etc) which saves time and helps me get the image to where I want it to be before I move across to photoshop.

That sounds to be good way to save time, I used to make a lot of Presets before but newdays I do more individually adjustments and " copy paste " adjustments 😄. I'm trying to edit as fast as it's possible as far as I have to, too much pictures to editing 🤣. I try to newdays go throw all pictures, delete unnecessaries, do basic edits and what they need mostly.. post to social medias there's enough just simply editing.. sometimes more.. and I'll return to the pictures later then it need, for example because of coming photo competitions 😃

Jack

Jack

Photo Shooter :)
Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Good topic. To honest I don't use all the panels from Light room, unless I want some additional editing on my photo.

Most of the time is only Lumetri Colour panel I'm using.

Sometimes I use mask option to edit the sky or exposure of the subject.

lightmuncher

lightmuncher

Dec 18, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
I find dodging and burning in Lightroom, not as easy as Photoshop. And I use those two tools a lot. Just find PS more flexible. Although I do use the gradation tool on Lightroom pretty much all the time.

Andy Smith

Andy Smith

Feb 10, 2022
Edit my images
No
I find dodging and burning in Lightroom, not as easy as Photoshop. And I use those two tools a lot. Just find PS more flexible. Although I do use the gradation tool on Lightroom pretty much all the time.
I only really do basic dodging & burning in Lightroom and like you I transfer over to PS for more refined processing, using luminosity masks to nail down the areas I want to work on.