Opinion wanted When you're not allowed to fly your drone

• Thread starter extraordinaryviewfootage
  • Start date
  • Watchers 6

Welcome to Explorness!

Looking for a peaceful place to meet other photographers from all around the world ? Then join us for FREE!!!

The member has asked your opinion about his/her photo(s) attached in the topic.
E

extraordinaryviewfootage

Nov 3, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Drone brand
DJI
EXIF
ISO100, 6 sec, F11
There are a few locations not far from me where you can't fly a drone. But it's such a great camera.... So a few times I have put it on a rock, like in this case with a freewell ND1000 for a 6 second shot. The gimbal means I can get the exact positioning I want.

DJI_0077.jpg

NataliaFlejszarPhoto

NataliaFlejszarPhoto

Staff member
May 18, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
There are a few locations not far from me where you can't fly a drone. But it's such a great camera.... So a few times I have put it on a rock, like in this case with a freewell ND1000 for a 6 second shot. The gimbal means I can get the exact positioning I want.

View attachment 1003

Oh yeah it's fantastic shot! I couldn't imagine to use drone camera like this !šŸ˜Æ

Jack

Jack

Photo Shooter :)
Staff member
Top Poster Of Month
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Very beautiful photo, may I ask what drone you have used here?

I want to try long exposure with my drone too.

Unfortunately you right, even here where I live, is not a lot of places that I can fly my drone.

E

extraordinaryviewfootage

Nov 3, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Sorry for the slow reply but have been spending every spare minute out with my drone lol. I use a Mavic 3 and use freewell filters for the waterfalls especially if I put it on a rock. Have even used up to ND1000. Like here

DJI_0121.jpg

Morexp57

Morexp57

Feb 12, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
For once, the very long exposure time works very well for this photo. I usually prefer an exposure time that still allows to distinguish details in the water flow.

However, I would try to remove as much of the sky as possible in your photo as it looks unnatural and the edge of the trees reveals a bit too much of the mask (?) used for the sky.

Otherwise, the subject is great and the autumn colours are well rendered.

Jack

Jack

Photo Shooter :)
Staff member
Top Poster Of Month
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Sorry for the slow reply but have been spending every spare minute out with my drone lol. I use a Mavic 3 and use freewell filters for the waterfalls especially if I put it on a rock. Have even used up to ND1000. Like here

View attachment 1235

How you done this one with your drone?

I checked my Mini 3 pro as I wanted to do long exposure photo during the night. However, there are only 2 seconds limit.

Snook911

Snook911

Nov 1, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Great Shots! Going to try this with my drone!

lightmuncher

lightmuncher

Dec 18, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Drones are not on my list of things to have, but I can see it can give you images that you would not have gotten due to the topography of the place you are photographing. Its a lovely shot