Photography Where's everyone based?

• Thread starter matttrevillion
  • Start date
  • Watchers 7

Welcome to Explorness!

Looking for a peaceful place to meet other photographers from all around the world ? Then join us for FREE!!!

General photography discussion.
matttrevillion

matttrevillion

Jan 29, 2023
Hi All, just interested to see where everyone is based!

I'm based in Braintree in Essex, if you need any ideas of wildlife photography around Essex or East Anglia let me know as I might be able to help!

Jack

Jack

Photo Shooter :)
Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Hello @matttrevillion

I'm based in North Yorkshire at the moment. I've been only once in Essex to capture some landscape pictures.

You can check an other forum explorness.com

For landscape photographers.

Are there a lot of places for wildlife?

matttrevillion

matttrevillion

Jan 29, 2023
Hello @matttrevillion

I'm based in North Yorkshire at the moment. I've been only once in Essex to capture some landscape pictures.

You can check an other forum explorness.com

For landscape photographers.

Are there a lot of places for wildlife?
Unfortunately no, I'm on the Cambridgeshire border so I can get to North Norfolk or Minsmere in a couple of hours or so.

Hatfield Forest is good for wild deer and forest birds near me, Rye Meads & Amwell are just over the border in Herts so good for birdlife, Fingringhoe is good for waders and Rainham Marshes is a good spot too for birds. Not much for landscapers I'm afraid except round the coast so Mersea Island and up.

Jack

Jack

Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Unfortunately no, I'm on the Cambridgeshire border so I can get to North Norfolk or Minsmere in a couple of hours or so.

Hatfield Forest is good for wild deer and forest birds near me, Rye Meads & Amwell are just over the border in Herts so good for birdlife, Fingringhoe is good for waders and Rainham Marshes is a good spot too for birds. Not much for landscapers I'm afraid except round the coast so Mersea Island and up.

I don’t think i have the right lens for birds. What equipment do you have ?

M

Michael Townsend

Jan 29, 2023
Edit my images
Yes
Hi I am based in Melton Mowbray Leicestershire, just 15miles away from Rutland Water which is great for bird Photography.
I took this Black Headed Gull (winter plumage) a couple of weeks back. Quite happy with the reflection.

Attachments

• FCS_7605 IG.jpg
    FCS_7605 IG.jpg
    444.9 KB · Views: 2
Andy Smith

Andy Smith

Feb 10, 2022
Edit my images
No
I am in North Eastern Thailand :)

Jack

Jack

Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Canon R5, 100-500 RF lens.

That's nice. My biggest lens I own at the moment is 70-300 L. Planning to save some cash and maybe getting 100-400mm. I heard is good lens.

matttrevillion

matttrevillion

Jan 29, 2023
That's nice. My biggest lens I own at the moment is 70-300 L. Planning to save some cash and maybe getting 100-400mm. I heard is good lens.
I used to have the Sigma 150-600 Sport, great lens but very heavy.

Jack

Jack

Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
I used to have the Sigma 150-600 Sport, great lens but very heavy.

I heard about sigma too. But I prefer brand lenses over third party. Feeling a bit more safe, in terms of quality.