Gear advice Which camera strap

Welcome to Explorness!

Looking for a peaceful place to meet other photographers from all around the world ? Then join us for FREE!!!

A discussion about gear such camera, lenses, tripods, and other equipments.
TMG1961

TMG1961

Feb 8, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Which camera strap do you use? I use the one that came with the camera but only use it when walking to the place were Pixie gets of the leash and from there on i walk around with the camera in my hand. My heaviest setup is the sony a7rii + Laowa 100mm macro lens, it is about 1350 gram in total, including the strap.

Andy Smith

Andy Smith

Feb 10, 2022
Edit my images
No
I use CustomSLR Air Straps, which have served me well for more than a decade so far. They are wider at the shoulder, which fits really comfortable on me and made of breathable neoprene so they handle all kinds of weather well without chaffing. I like the quick release system they use, so I can easily remove the strap for studio work or astro work if needed.
I never use the straps that came with the camera because I feel they are not as strong or as comfortable as other straps on the market, and to be honest I am not happy about advertising the camera brand for free. :cool:
I don't like the camera brand name showing everywhere for everyone to see, as I feel if there are no names showing will then it will not attract any thieves, hopefully.
I usually tape up my camera bodies also, with tough black cloth tape, especially around the edges and corners, to help save from damage and to cover the brand name.

TMG1961

TMG1961

Feb 8, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
I use CustomSLR Air Straps, which have served me well for more than a decade so far. They are wider at the shoulder, which fits really comfortable on me and made of breathable neoprene so they handle all kinds of weather well without chaffing. I like the quick release system they use, so I can easily remove the strap for studio work or astro work if needed.
I never use the straps that came with the camera because I feel they are not as strong or as comfortable as other straps on the market, and to be honest I am not happy about advertising the camera brand for free. :cool:
I don't like the camera brand name showing everywhere for everyone to see, as I feel if there are no names showing will then it will not attract any thieves, hopefully.
I usually tape up my camera bodies also, with tough black cloth tape, especially around the edges and corners, to help save from damage and to cover the brand name.

I don't worry about anyone trying to steal my camera. 30kg Belgian Malinois beside me is a good protection :ROFLMAO: but here it is not an issue, i haven't heard of anyone in my area being robbed of their camera. I only wear the camera for about 5 minutes before i take it of my shoulder and walk around with it in my hands. First time i heard about taping up the camera or covering the brand name.

Andy Smith

Andy Smith

Feb 10, 2022
Edit my images
No
I don't worry about anyone trying to steal my camera. 30kg Belgian Malinois beside me is a good protection :ROFLMAO: but here it is not an issue, i haven't heard of anyone in my area being robbed of their camera. I only wear the camera for about 5 minutes before i take it of my shoulder and walk around with it in my hands. First time i heard about taping up the camera or covering the brand name.
I tape up the camera with the main intention of limiting damage, incase I want to resell it at a later period, but I also use the opportunity to cover the brand name.. :)

C

Chavezshutter

Feb 4, 2022
The stock Sony strap on the A7iii rattles like a rattlesnake which is fine for stills but can be a bother for video, I use peak design straps, easy to put on and take off for a wriststrap or over the shoulder configuration

TMG1961

TMG1961

Feb 8, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
The stock Sony strap on the A7iii rattles like a rattlesnake which is fine for stills but can be a bother for video, I use peak design straps, easy to put on and take off for a wriststrap or over the shoulder configuration
Which one do you use?

B

Biologymann

Feb 13, 2022
Edit my images
No
4V Design Ala Top - Italian leather and gel cushioning.
What I like:
The feeling of luxurious leather - sorry if I offend any vegetarians;
Well cushioned;
Non-slip:
Style.
What I do not like:
Not easily removed when not required;
It tends to slip to its longest length, though tying off the ends helps.

Attachments

• leather-camera-strap-detail-ala-top-05-2_orig.jpg
    leather-camera-strap-detail-ala-top-05-2_orig.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 0
Jack

Jack

Photo Shooter :)
Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Honestly I’m using the strap which came with my camera. Never thought to get different one. The canon 7d m2 which I have it for 5 years, is same strap and no issues at all. Unless you want to buy something longer or soft for your neck.

M

MartinF

Apr 7, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
I use this, the strap is removeable but the anchors stay on and you can use them with a wrist strap or other style of straps
I use the same one, best investment in a long time! It's really handy to just snap it off when I don't want a strap or attaching it to my 500mm lens when I don't want the weight to hang by the camera mount. Highly recommended!

H

Hal M

Feb 10, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Which camera strap do you use? I use the one that came with the camera but only use it when walking to the place were Pixie gets of the leash and from there on i walk around with the camera in my hand. My heaviest setup is the sony a7rii + Laowa 100mm macro lens, it is about 1350 gram in total, including the strap.
I use the waka Rapid Camera Neck Strap I got from Amazon. I’ve used it for years and find it very comfortable and convenient. I even have a tripod QR plate on there.