General Why I have opened this forum?

Welcome to Explorness!

Looking for a peaceful place to meet other photographers from all around the world ? Then join us for FREE!!!

General off topic discussion.
Jack

Jack

Photo Shooter :)
Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Probably a subject that should have been open for a long time, unfortunately had no time.

I guess a lot of photographers/people asked themselves what the reason for another forum on the Internet, the answer is below:

Well, I know there are hundreds of forums out there on the Internet, busier, bigger, with more content, more members. But I still decided to open this one.

Why?

Because I wanted to have own small safe corner on the internet and having on board members who are sharing the same interests as me, having the same opinion about photography, and having same goal which is to give more to community than taking from it.

What makes this forum unique from other?

Members, not the forum, but members. Most of members who know here, I know them from another forum, which I feel that we are close friends (would love to meet everyone in person). We all share the same interests and have pretty much the same view about photography (Hopefully).

I know there are other platforms, social media sites, forums, groups and the list is long, I bet Google is oversaturated and is full with them. However, I feel more confident and happy to be part of a smaller group of people, which I know them (virtually) than being part of a social media group where people are arguing with each other and tend to show who have the best equipment, more money. Personally, I’m not interested in knowing what someone had for dinner, breakfast or lunch. I’m interested to learn how someone achieved something which I couldn’t, or to learn something new.

If you share the same interests as me, then I’m really happy to have you on board, but if you are focused on getting more likes, or arguing and trolling around, unfortunately that’s not the best place to be part of. Every new member is vetted, and is accepting manually to avoid having on board spammers or trolls.

How this forum is sponsored?

All expenses are supported by me. There are some ads on forums, however, are displayed only for guests, and not members.

The forum is made specifically for landscape photographers, who want to share their passion and ideas, and also leave something to the community.

I hope I haven't bored you with the story, but I thought would be useful to have such a thread on the forum.