General Wishes from santa Claus?

Welcome to Explorness!

Looking for a peaceful place to meet other photographers from all around the world ? Then join us for FREE!!!

General off topic discussion.
panos_adgr

panos_adgr

Feb 8, 2022
Edit my images
No
Oh yes!!!

I was a good boy for the whole year and I would like a Tamron 150-600mm G2 for present! 😋😎😄

• Admin
Jack

Jack

Photo Shooter :)
Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Oh yes!!!

I was a good boy for the whole year and I would like a Tamron 150-600mm G2 for present! 😋😎😄

:D Do you think Santa will get that for you ?

lightmuncher

lightmuncher

Dec 18, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
As my wife and I don't have family we are long in the tooth as regards to Christmas. If we want something, and can afford it over the year, we wait for sales. Just kidding, although sales are handy. We buy what we can afford, and that means we have presents throughout the year. That goes with birthdays too.

• Admin
Jack

Jack

Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
No... I was a bad boy this year and I bought enough gear... 😂
Maybe next year.

Hahaha. Same boat. Bought my drone and doesn't think will get anything else 😂. Hopefully new camera body next year.

• Admin
Jack

Jack

Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
As my wife and I don't have family we are long in the tooth as regards to Christmas. If we want something, and can afford it over the year, we wait for sales. Just kidding, although sales are handy. We buy what we can afford, and that means we have presents throughout the year. That goes with birthdays too.

Sometimes these sales are not genuine. I was looking at Gopro 11, and the discount they have made are not genuine sadly.

But it's good if you can afford gifts during the year and at Christmas buy bigger gifts 😅

Morexp57

Morexp57

Feb 12, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
I would like to have a macro lens (NIKKOR Z MC 105mm f/2.8 VR S)... But I wonder if this is reasonable as I get satisfactory results with the lenses I have at the moment! So I think I'll rent the lens in question first and try it out.

lightmuncher

lightmuncher

Dec 18, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
I would like to have a macro lens (NIKKOR Z MC 105mm f/2.8 VR S)... But I wonder if this is reasonable as I get satisfactory results with the lenses I have at the moment! So I think I'll rent the lens in question first and try it out.
Always try extension tubes? I have a Tamron macro 90mm f2.8. Even with this I still want to get closer. Great lens by the way. Can always buy second-hand. It has another use when set on full, it makes a great portrait lens too.

Morexp57

Morexp57

Feb 12, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
I have never used the extension tubes.
I don't really like buying second hand equipment, but maybe if I go to one of the two photo shops I could be confident. I'd have to check what they have.
Yes, I've read that the Nikkor Z MC 105mm is also a good lens for portraits... even though I don't do portraits.

Jack

Jack

Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes

Renting and finding out about the lens is the best option if you want to purchase an expensive lens. But, maybe santa will get that lens to you anyway 🎅😉