General Worldwide forum is closed down

• Thread starter Jack
  • Start date
  • Watchers 2

Welcome to Explorness!

Looking for a peaceful place to meet other photographers from all around the world ? Then join us for FREE!!!

General off topic discussion.
Jack

Jack

Photo Shooter :)
Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
I just noticed an other photography forum has closed down.

That's the biggest forum on the Internet, and sadly they have closed it.

panos_adgr

panos_adgr

Feb 8, 2022
Edit my images
No
It is very sad.
It was a big forum.

• Admin
Jack

Jack

Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
It is very sad.
It was a big forum.

Seems a lot of forums are closing down. Probably because everyone is moving to social media sites and YouTube

panos_adgr

panos_adgr

Feb 8, 2022
Edit my images
No
Seems a lot of forums are closing down. Probably because everyone is moving to social media sites and YouTube
Yes. I think it is as you wrote Jack.
It is disappointing though. Not for the Dpreview but for the community.
People are mostly in social media. I see it also in me feeds of some teams I follow. The level though is very very low. People are trolling all the time and there isn't anything serious being written.
Only trolling and gear show of.
Forums are places where some kind of 'order' exists. People have to respect each other and stay on topic. In social platforms there is only trolling and sewer level discussions and debate most of the time.
There is also a great deal of depreciation of some youtube protagonists that is happening. It was about time for some of them.
People are struggling for their everyday life and they express their frustration regardless if it is done in right or wrong way.

• Admin
Jack

Jack

Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Yes. I think it is as you wrote Jack.
It is disappointing though. Not for the Dpreview but for the community.
People are mostly in social media. I see it also in me feeds of some teams I follow. The level though is very very low. People are trolling all the time and there isn't anything serious being written.
Only trolling and gear show of.
Forums are places where some kind of 'order' exists. People have to respect each other and stay on topic. In social platforms there is only trolling and sewer level discussions and debate most of the time.
There is also a great deal of depreciation of some youtube protagonists that is happening. It was about time for some of them.
People are struggling for their everyday life and they express their frustration regardless if it is done in right or wrong way.
Yes, I do agree about you here. Social media sites are there to server a topic, off topic discussions. When comes to more intelligent discussions, these are getting mixed with trolls, and at the end it's a bit of confusion.

In DPreview situation, is that it has been owned by amazon, and as they are a business, the main target for them is to make money, that's why they decided to close it down.

I think YouTube is a good source of some sort of information. I was thinking myself to creat a channel šŸ˜…. But will require a lot of effort.