General Best country for living

• Thread starter Jack
  • Start date
  • Watchers 5

Welcome to Explorness!

Looking for a peaceful place to meet other photographers from all around the world ? Then join us for FREE!!!

General off topic discussion.
Jack

Jack

Photo Shooter :)
Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Hello everyone. At the moment I'm stuck a bit, can't really decide, staying in UK, moving up North or moving abroad, potentially Spain.

I find a bit hard the lifestyle and I want to make a change, to a better way.

From your experience or, from the country you live. How is the life?

Andy Smith

Andy Smith

Feb 10, 2022
Edit my images
No
I love living abroad, I left the UK many years ago and have lived overseas since in many different countries. I find it opens your mind to new cultures and some great new friends. It can be tough though at times finding work, finding a new home, and all the associated paperwork but if you are thinking about it I say go for it... Nothing to lose really only a new experience to be enjoyed.

• Admin
Jack

Jack

Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
I love living abroad, I left the UK many years ago and have lived overseas since in many different countries. I find it opens your mind to new cultures and some great new friends. It can be tough though at times finding work, finding a new home, and all the associated paperwork but if you are thinking about it I say go for it... Nothing to lose really only a new experience to be enjoyed.

Thanks Andy Smith Andy Smith , why have you left UK ?if you don’t mind me asking ofc.

Andy Smith

Andy Smith

Feb 10, 2022
Edit my images
No
Thanks Andy Smith Andy Smith , why have you left UK ?if you don’t mind me asking ofc.
I left the Uk because I wanted to travel and experience new places. I was in a position where I had to choose between a career in the UK, buying a house etc or going abroad to see what that brought to my life. I chose to travel as it was more exciting and interesting to me.

• Admin
Jack

Jack

Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
I left the Uk because I wanted to travel and experience new places. I was in a position where I had to choose between a career in the UK, buying a house etc or going abroad to see what that brought to my life. I chose to travel as it was more exciting and interesting to me.

And are you happy with your decision? And how’s Thailand ?

Andy Smith

Andy Smith

Feb 10, 2022
Edit my images
No
And are you happy with your decision? And how’s Thailand ?
Very happy with my decision Jack, I have had a very interesting time since I left the UK.
for me Thailand is great, but it is not the same for everyone. It is challenging to adapt to the local culture and the language barrier can be a problem at times, but for me it is a fantastic country to live in.

• Admin
Jack

Jack

Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Very happy with my decision Jack, I have had a very interesting time since I left the UK.
for me Thailand is great, but it is not the same for everyone. It is challenging to adapt to the local culture and the language barrier can be a problem at times, but for me it is a fantastic country to live in.

Mmm, are there a lot of jobs ? I would say everywhere is ok to live if you have a good passive income.

NataliaFlejszarPhoto

NataliaFlejszarPhoto

Staff member
May 18, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Finland 🤩. I've moved to Finland almost 7years ago and I still enjoy! I'm feeling so happy in Finland, of course the climate is a bit a challenge you need like the Northern climates to enjoy life here,but Finland is very enjoyable country to live, just 5 millions inhibited, 80% of the country are forests and 20% lakes, still lot of wilderness places and clear nature around and own space! 🤩

Although Poland is also nice country to live, just quite different life style 😊

Andy Smith

Andy Smith

Feb 10, 2022
Edit my images
No
Mmm, are there a lot of jobs ? I would say everywhere is ok to live if you have a good passive income.
There are jobs, but certain ones are only for local national Thai's. But there are a lot of multi national companies with offices and production facilities here and they regularly seek international staff.

Jack

Jack

Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
There are jobs, but certain ones are only for local national Thai's. But there are a lot of multi national companies with offices and production facilities here and they regularly seek international staff.

What kind of jobs ? Customer service? Is that pay good or accordingly to local wages.

Jack

Jack

Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Finland 🤩. I've moved to Finland almost 7years ago and I still enjoy! I'm feeling so happy in Finland, of course the climate is a bit a challenge you need like the Northern climates to enjoy life here,but Finland is very enjoyable country to live, just 5 millions inhibited, 80% of the country are forests and 20% lakes, still lot of wilderness places and clear nature around and own space! 🤩

Although Poland is also nice country to live, just quite different life style 😊

Never been to Finland, I’m sure is lovely country, I guess every country is nice and good to live If you have a passive income.

Andy Smith

Andy Smith

Feb 10, 2022
Edit my images
No
What kind of jobs ? Customer service? Is that pay good or accordingly to local wages.
All kinds of jobs Jack, from top management, financial controller, middle management, salesman, business development, chefs, hotel service and probably customer service also. Pay is always dependent on company, location, experience etc.

Jack

Jack

Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Pay is always dependent on company, location, experience etc.
Pretty much like everywhere.

Can you get a job even if you don't speak their language ?

NataliaFlejszarPhoto

NataliaFlejszarPhoto

Staff member
May 18, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Never been to Finland, I’m sure is lovely country, I guess every country is nice and good to live If you have a passive income.

Of course, Finland has been still on the list of the world's happiest countries 😃🤸‍♀️ Norway is surely also nice to live, especially the Northern part of the country and the northern Sweden 😄.

Sometimes I'm thinking about moving to USA to work with horses and to have own horse farm🐎😄

GeoffM Photography

GeoffM Photography

Jun 11, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Hello everyone. At the moment I'm stuck a bit, can't really decide, staying in UK, moving up North or moving abroad, potentially Spain.

I find a bit hard the lifestyle and I want to make a change, to a better way.

From your experience or, from the country you live. How is the life?
If I had the option (I don't) I would move to either Galicia in Northern Spain or, for the quiet life, Extremadura. If you can, do.

Andy Smith

Andy Smith

Feb 10, 2022
Edit my images
No
Pretty much like everywhere.

Can you get a job even if you don't speak their language ?
yes, international companies advertise jobs for English speakers all the time, but it helps to work with local staff if you speak a little of their language. This is the same everywhere though to be honest.

Jack

Jack

Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
If I had the option (I don't) I would move to either Galicia in Northern Spain or, for the quiet life, Extremadura. If you can, do.

If you are retired, then I think it's good idea, otherwise I heard that there aren't jobs and is slightly expensive as well at the moment.

Jack

Jack

Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Of course, Finland has been still on the list of the world's happiest countries 😃🤸‍♀️ Norway is surely also nice to live, especially the Northern part of the country and the northern Sweden 😄.

Sometimes I'm thinking about moving to USA to work with horses and to have own horse farm🐎😄

That's good dream, but they say never give up on your dreams.

Is that cheap in Finland? I mean lifestyle.

Jack

Jack

Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
yes, international companies advertise jobs for English speakers all the time, but it helps to work with local staff if you speak a little of their language. This is the same everywhere though to be honest.

Agree about language. It's a bit of mission if you trying to move somewhere abroad and you don't speak the language where you are looking to settle or start a fresh start.