General Best country for living

• Thread starter Jack
  • Start date
  • Watchers 5

Welcome to Explorness!

Looking for a peaceful place to meet other photographers from all around the world ? Then join us for FREE!!!

General off topic discussion.
Jack

Jack

Photo Shooter :)
Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Yes, Finland is the number one country in 2022 when it comes to the happiness of its inhabitants!
(It has been in first place since 2018!)

Interestinf to know why? šŸ¤” Better pay or better lifestyle.

Morexp57

Morexp57

Feb 12, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Interestinf to know why? šŸ¤” Better pay or better lifestyle.
Different factors are taken into account: economy, health system, jobs, security, etc
But this is also a subjective judgement. For example, Switzerland where I live is often at the top of the ranking (and I totally agree, I would have a hard time living anywhere else...), but if you ask expats, for example, they will find Switzerland a boring country that lacks "life" and where it is difficult to make new friends. And this is also quite true...

GeoffM Photography

GeoffM Photography

Jun 11, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
If you are retired, then I think it's good idea, otherwise I heard that there aren't jobs and is slightly expensive as well at the moment.
You can live a very simple life in Extremadura although when I was living there, a very long time ago, it was cheap. Probably not the same prices these days.

Jack

Jack

Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Different factors are taken into account: economy, health system, jobs, security, etc
But this is also a subjective judgement. For example, Switzerland where I live is often at the top of the ranking (and I totally agree, I would have a hard time living anywhere else...), but if you ask expats, for example, they will find Switzerland a boring country that lacks "life" and where it is difficult to make new friends. And this is also quite true...

Why is hard to make friends? Yes I heard about Switzerland being a country with highest number of happy people.

Jack

Jack

Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
You can live a very simple life in Extremadura although when I was living there, a very long time ago, it was cheap. Probably not the same prices these days.

Definitely not the same price, with current inflation, it's hard everywhere I guess.

NataliaFlejszarPhoto

NataliaFlejszarPhoto

Staff member
May 18, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Yes, Finland is the number one country in 2022 when it comes to the happiness of its inhabitants!
(It has been in first place since 2018!)
Yes and it's true šŸ˜€. You don't need to worry about anything as the country do it . Finland has a great benefits system for everyone. I think the fact with the small number of the inhibitions do great work here also and nature around, people need own space to be happy and the clear nature around! Only the hard Polar climate is a challengešŸ˜„

NataliaFlejszarPhoto

NataliaFlejszarPhoto

Staff member
May 18, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
That's good dream, but they say never give up on your dreams.

Is that cheap in Finland? I mean lifestyle.
No Finland is very expensive,but if you have a job or get the benefits, it's nice life here, but for tourists is very expensive šŸ™Š

Morexp57

Morexp57

Feb 12, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Why is hard to make friends? Yes I heard about Switzerland being a country with highest number of happy people.
I don't really know why it is difficult to make new friends in Switzerland.
It's probably due to the Swiss mentality, friends are made during childhood and at school. After that, you tend to make "acquaintances" as they say. New friends are very rare once you are an adult.

Jack

Jack

Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
I don't really know why it is difficult to make new friends in Switzerland.
It's probably due to the Swiss mentality, friends are made during childhood and at school. After that, you tend to make "acquaintances" as they say. New friends are very rare once you are an adult.

Unfortunately I would agree with you, sadly I don't really have any friends, probably because how I am. And you right, the older you get, less friends you have. And very very rare someone can be a real friend.

Jack

Jack

Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
No Finland is very expensive,but if you have a job or get the benefits, it's nice life here, but for tourists is very expensive šŸ™Š

Probably is hard to get a job there I guess. No? If you are tourist, everywhere is expensive.

NataliaFlejszarPhoto

NataliaFlejszarPhoto

Staff member
May 18, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Probably is hard to get a job there I guess. No? If you are tourist, everywhere is expensive.
it depends if you speak Finnish is not so hard... and what job would you want to...

NataliaFlejszarPhoto

NataliaFlejszarPhoto

Staff member
May 18, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Something well paid definitely šŸ˜…. Unfortunately I don't speak Finnish
you can try to learn.. but, it's hard language :ROFLMAO: , but as English language native speaker you can always teach English, private or in language schools :ROFLMAO:

Jack

Jack

Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
you can try to learn.. but, it's hard language :ROFLMAO: , but as English language native speaker you can always teach English, private or in language schools :ROFLMAO:

Most likely you need some sort of qualification to teach English. No one will employ random English speakers šŸ˜…

Andy Smith

Andy Smith

Feb 10, 2022
Edit my images
No
Most likely you need some sort of qualification to teach English. No one will employ random English speakers šŸ˜…
You would need a TEFL qualification at the very least.

Jack

Jack

Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
You would need a TEFL qualification at the very least.

Thatā€™s right , plus some DBS checks as well, depending on the school or premises .

Greg Shchepanek

Greg Shchepanek

Jul 13, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Any Northern Country is simple sublime for me. I can't live without the four seasons and the beauty each one of them holds. Most Canadians' complain about winter but the treasured beauty it brings is out of this world. To see the Snowy Owls come down from the Arctic, the Snowshoe Hares turning white and back to brown, OMGoodness the list goes on and on. If you get out there even in the harshest of temps it is all there to discover and the snow amplifies the viewing. I sleep better in the winter not comfortable in the heat.

Jack

Jack

Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Any Northern Country is simple sublime for me. I can't live without the four seasons and the beauty each one of them holds. Most Canadians' complain about winter but the treasured beauty it brings is out of this world. To see the Snowy Owls come down from the Arctic, the Snowshoe Hares turning white and back to brown, OMGoodness the list goes on and on. If you get out there even in the harshest of temps it is all there to discover and the snow amplifies the viewing. I sleep better in the winter not comfortable in the heat.

Looks like you are good at selling Greg Shchepanek Greg Shchepanek . I wish I could try to move to Canada and try the life there.