Gear advice Cleaning camera sensor

Welcome to Explorness!

Looking for a peaceful place to meet other photographers from all around the world ? Then join us for FREE!!!

A discussion about gear such camera, lenses, tripods, and other equipments.
GeoffM Photography

GeoffM Photography

Jun 11, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Thanks for the info, I will go and read. It could be some dead pixels as well. Means I need new camera šŸ˜….
You mean, that's what you will tell people!

panos_adgr

panos_adgr

Feb 8, 2022
Edit my images
No
All my zoom lenses are water and dust sealed. To be honest I didn't even checked if there can be dust inside.

Can you remove the dust from inside the lens yourself?
No. I haven't tried and I will never try.
Lenses are made under extreme precision for lens element cantering and alignment. Also the elements and lenses are assembled in dust proof and extremely clean environment. If they are opened in domestic environment the sure thing is that they will become worse. Lenses must be 'opened' only by experienced people.

Jack

Jack

Photo Shooter :)
Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
No. I haven't tried and I will never try.
Lenses are made under extreme precision for lens element cantering and alignment. Also the elements and lenses are assembled in dust proof and extremely clean environment. If they are opened in domestic environment the sure thing is that they will become worse. Lenses must be 'opened' only by experienced people.

Obviously I won't try to open a lens, especially an expensive lens. Just wanted to know if it's possible and someone tried to clean lenses before.

Jack

Jack

Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
You mean, that's what you will tell people!
Just joking. I need new camera anyway, as I want to change to FF, my current camera is 7D M2, still works fine, the shutter count should be no more than 30k.

panos_adgr

panos_adgr

Feb 8, 2022
Edit my images
No
Just joking. I need new camera anyway, as I want to change to FF, my current camera is 7D M2, still works fine, the shutter count should be no more than 30k.
30k is not much.
I remember when you mentioned in another thread about FF. Nice move!

Jack

Jack

Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
30k is not much.
I remember when you mentioned in another thread about FF. Nice move!

Need to save for FF :D. Iā€™m still happy with my 7D M2, but at this stage I donā€™t really want to upgrade my camera, mostly want to buy new lens :)