Welcome to Explorness!

A small and safe place for landscape photographers, where you can share, talk and communicate safely. If you really believe in photography as an art, you are welcome to join!

The member has asked your opinion about his/her photo(s) attached in the topic.
N

newmikey

Feb 9, 2022
Edit my images
No
Camera type
DSLR camera
Camera sensor
APS-C (Crop)
For lack of an option in "special techniques" I'll post this view of our local lake and park here.

You'd expect a blue hour shot and, admittedly, I love doing those as well on my Pentax KP. But this is an infrared shot taken with my older Pentax K-5 which I had converted to 630Nm in Germany. Normally I'd flip Red and Blue channels to preserve blue skies and turn foliage yello, gold or even almost white but this time I left the WB as set by the camera to create somewhat of an other-worldly vibe. Hope it ticks some boxes!IRGP5300-Maalwater-85mm-630Nm-ISO640-dt_01-2022-web.jpg

Morexp57

Morexp57

Feb 12, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Excellent composition! Usually I don't like infrared images very much, but here I find that it brings a unique dreamlike atmosphere.

Andy Smith

Andy Smith

Feb 10, 2022
Edit my images
No
I am also not really a big fan of infared images, but I love this one. The colours are great and work really well to draw attention to the bridge.
very nicely done.

panos_adgr

panos_adgr

Feb 8, 2022
Edit my images
No
Vry nice photo N newmikey !
I like it a lot! Infrared always interested me. I haven't tried it yet though.