Drone Is anyone here into FPV?

Welcome to Explorness!

Looking for a peaceful place to meet other photographers from all around the world ? Then join us for FREE!!!

The member wishes to chat about drone(s).
Jack

Jack

Photo Shooter :)
Staff member
Top Poster Of Month
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Been a while since I posted here last time. Just was very busy, had tons of content to upload on stock sites and recently started my own YouTube channel.

Anyway, is anyone here into FPV? 😊 I pulled the trigger and purchased dji Avata last month, still haven't flown it yet, as I'm still practicing in the sim.

I think this my most expensive year I had.

I had my wedding, I purchased Macbook pro 2023 1TB SSD 32GB ram, dji avata, insta360, lighting equipment for my studio...

panos_adgr

panos_adgr

Feb 8, 2022
Edit my images
No
Nice news Jack!
I want to have a link of your chanel!
You know, that you have almost convinced me in the idea that a drone woulb be a really nice adittion in my gear. I've done some investments in gear already. There is one more left and the next one might be a drone. It would open new potentials in my photography. I will be following this thread!

• Admin
Jack

Jack

Staff member
Top Poster Of Month
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Nice news Jack!
I want to have a link of your chanel!
You know, that you have almost convinced me in the idea that a drone woulb be a really nice adittion in my gear. I've done some investments in gear already. There is one more left and the next one might be a drone. It would open new potentials in my photography. I will be following this thread!

Hi panos_adgr panos_adgr ,thanks for replying to this thread. It's been a while. Well, that's my vlog channel 😅. https://youtube.com/@familysbook?si=ZdoUpUO2himcbrNe

You definitely should get a drone, even if it's a mini 2, you will love it.

I kind of shifting at the moment towards videography, I have upraded my laptop for video editing, and want to get a gimbal and new camera. But don't know when. These are really expensive piece of equipment.

Especially that I purchased a new FPV drone, my wife will kill me if I'll buy something else.

What investment did you made? Lenses?

panos_adgr

panos_adgr

Feb 8, 2022
Edit my images
No
Hi panos_adgr panos_adgr ,thanks for replying to this thread. It's been a while. Well, that's my vlog channel 😅. https://youtube.com/@familysbook?si=ZdoUpUO2himcbrNe

You definitely should get a drone, even if it's a mini 2, you will love it.

I kind of shifting at the moment towards videography, I have upraded my laptop for video editing, and want to get a gimbal and new camera. But don't know when. These are really expensive piece of equipment.

Especially that I purchased a new FPV drone, my wife will kill me if I'll buy something else.

What investment did you made? Lenses?
Thanks for the link Jack I will check it!

Thata last yaar i added a Nikon D750 in my camera collection and a nikkor afs 24-120mm vr. I want to add a tamron 70-200mm g2 and then i will be ok.

Videography is very nice and indeed drones are very interesting.

I will be looking at your chanel and support you.

• Admin
Jack

Jack

Staff member
Top Poster Of Month
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Thanks for the link Jack I will check it!

Thata last yaar i added a Nikon D750 in my camera collection and a nikkor afs 24-120mm vr. I want to add a tamron 70-200mm g2 and then i will be ok.

Videography is very nice and indeed drones are very interesting.

I will be looking at your chanel and support you.

Thanks a lot panos_adgr panos_adgr . These must cost a lot of money. You purchased them for photography I believe?

Yes, I think videography is an other good skill to learn apart from photography. Making videos are more time consuming that I thought to be honest.

Well, that was my vlog channel, thanks for subscribing. 😊

panos_adgr

panos_adgr

Feb 8, 2022
Edit my images
No
Thanks a lot panos_adgr panos_adgr . These must cost a lot of money. You purchased them for photography I believe?

Yes, I think videography is an other good skill to learn apart from photography. Making videos are more time consuming that I thought to be honest.

Well, that was my vlog channel, thanks for subscribing. 😊
Yes Jack only photography. I'm not doing any videos. But I do some timelapses the last few months. I love timeliapes. Iam experimenting with my smartphone. It is easy and convenient. Maybe I will try it with a camera at some time.

It is time consuming indeed. I have made some simple videos with photography and I've uploaded them on tiktok. Although they are not something spesial they were a bit fussy though to make them. And I used simple apps in my smartphone.

• Admin
Jack

Jack

Staff member
Top Poster Of Month
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Yes Jack only photography. I'm not doing any videos. But I do some timelapses the last few months. I love timeliapes. Iam experimenting with my smartphone. It is easy and convenient. Maybe I will try it with a camera at some time.

It is time consuming indeed. I have made some simple videos with photography and I've uploaded them on tiktok. Although they are not something spesial they were a bit fussy though to make them. And I used simple apps in my smartphone.

For social media like TikTok you don't anything else apart from your smartphone. I love time-lapses too, especially those made with drone, just looks amazing.

I'm sure once you'll get a drone, you will thinking to take videos too. Are you cameras have good features for video recording?

panos_adgr

panos_adgr

Feb 8, 2022
Edit my images
No
For social media like TikTok you don't anything else apart from your smartphone. I love time-lapses too, especially those made with drone, just looks amazing.

I'm sure once you'll get a drone, you will thinking to take videos too. Are you cameras have good features for video recording?
I've never used my cameras for video and was never interested to do so. I have 4 full frame dslr bodies but I do not use them at all for videos. I only now that my D850 bodies can do 4K 30fps and that's all.
I'm not a fan of video and I'm doind timelapses with my phone because I do not want to 'tire' my dslr bodies.
Now about the drone I'm interested only in photography and the only drone to go is the DJI Mavic 3 Pro (fly more combo) It is my budget limit in case I go for it and the reason I chose it is because it has the larger sensor (4/3 Hasselblad) because I want to have the best possible sensor latitude.
You intrigue me with the drone time-lapse potential.
I will possibly do my move in the following year but it is not final. I might jump into medium format which is also a thought but the budget goes high there.....

Jack

Jack

Staff member
Top Poster Of Month
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
I've never used my cameras for video and was never interested to do so. I have 4 full frame dslr bodies but I do not use them at all for videos. I only now that my D850 bodies can do 4K 30fps and that's all.
I'm not a fan of video and I'm doind timelapses with my phone because I do not want to 'tire' my dslr bodies.
Now about the drone I'm interested only in photography and the only drone to go is the DJI Mavic 3 Pro (fly more combo) It is my budget limit in case I go for it and the reason I chose it is because it has the larger sensor (4/3 Hasselblad) because I want to have the best possible sensor latitude.
You intrigue me with the drone time-lapse potential.
I will possibly do my move in the following year but it is not final. I might jump into medium format which is also a thought but the budget goes high there.....

Wow, 4 body cameras. That's a lot. And how many lenses you have? You lucky that your camera can shoot 4k. My M50 can do that, but is fake 4k, and I have to upscale the video in post process. Still not great. Hopefully next year to get new camera body.
But the one I wanted is around £3000.

I really love doing time-lapse with my drone. I use my air 2s for that as it's heavier and can do better in the wind.

IMG_20231018_164640.jpg

That's my new equipment 😅.

panos_adgr

panos_adgr

Feb 8, 2022
Edit my images
No
Wow, 4 body cameras. That's a lot. And how many lenses you have? You lucky that your camera can shoot 4k. My M50 can do that, but is fake 4k, and I have to upscale the video in post process. Still not great. Hopefully next year to get new camera body.
But the one I wanted is around £3000.

I really love doing time-lapse with my drone. I use my air 2s for that as it's heavier and can do better in the wind.

View attachment 2009

That's my new equipment 😅.

Nice gear Jack! You are fully equiped!

As for the lenses I have a few zooms like, a Nikkor AFS 24-120mm f/4 G VR, Nikkor AFS 24-85mm f/3.5-4.5, G VR, Nikkor AF 35-80mm f/4.0-5.6, Tamron 15-30mm f/2.8 G2, a Nikkor AF 50mm 1.8D, and many manual primes mostly 50-55mm like, Helios, Vivitar, Rikenon, a 28mm Midori (this one sucks) an 85mm Jupiter (bokeh monster) and a couple more.
My next move will be either a Tamron 70-200mm f/2.8 or a Tamron 150-600mm G2 or a Nikkor 200-500mm. I'm leaning towards the Tamron 70-200mm for optimum optical quality but I find more usefull the Tamron 150-600mm which is the ideal crossover focal lenght point from the Nikkor 24-120mm.

My bodies are 2X D850 one D750 and a D610. I also had a D7200 but I sold it some months ago.
And I would like to add adrone. I'll see...

Jack

Jack

Staff member
Top Poster Of Month
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Nice gear Jack! You are fully equiped!

As for the lenses I have a few zooms like, a Nikkor AFS 24-120mm f/4 G VR, Nikkor AFS 24-85mm f/3.5-4.5, G VR, Nikkor AF 35-80mm f/4.0-5.6, Tamron 15-30mm f/2.8 G2, a Nikkor AF 50mm 1.8D, and many manual primes mostly 50-55mm like, Helios, Vivitar, Rikenon, a 28mm Midori (this one sucks) an 85mm Jupiter (bokeh monster) and a couple more.
My next move will be either a Tamron 70-200mm f/2.8 or a Tamron 150-600mm G2 or a Nikkor 200-500mm. I'm leaning towards the Tamron 70-200mm for optimum optical quality but I find more usefull the Tamron 150-600mm which is the ideal crossover focal lenght point from the Nikkor 24-120mm.

My bodies are 2X D850 one D750 and a D610. I also had a D7200 but I sold it some months ago.
And I would like to add adrone. I'll see...
You have lots of lenses. I've noticed most of your lenses are 3rd party? Is there any reason? Or you find the image quality better with 3rd lenses.

I'm sure you will love having a drone, if you decide to get one, get the cheapest dji mini drone, so you can see if it's for you or no. There are now drones with good zoom for wildlife photographers. It's juts amazing how this technology is progressing, too fast I think.

panos_adgr

panos_adgr

Feb 8, 2022
Edit my images
No
You have lots of lenses. I've noticed most of your lenses are 3rd party? Is there any reason? Or you find the image quality better with 3rd lenses.

I'm sure you will love having a drone, if you decide to get one, get the cheapest dji mini drone, so you can see if it's for you or no. There are now drones with good zoom for wildlife photographers. It's juts amazing how this technology is progressing, too fast I think.
The only lens I have 3rd party is the Tamron 15-30mm the rest are vintage lenses and I own them mostly because of their 'character' and bokeh. My basic lenses are nikkor.
But I will not hesitate to buy a 3rd party. In example the Tamron 15-30mm G2 is better in many aspects than the nikkor 14-24mm. It has image stabilization where the nikkor hasn't. It has also excellent optics as the nikkor and the price is significantly lower.... This is why I'm interested in the Tamron 70-200mm g2 as well. It is a top level lens and costs 1450€ while the nikkor is 2700.... There is no point to go for the nikkor....
Tamron is a very serious brand and it also makes rebranded lenses (for sony and nikon)
I'm interested in high quality lenses but I also think of the budget. 5 years ago I entered full flame system and one year ago I went full frame only. It is a very expensive system in comparison with APSC i previously owned but the quality in absolutely amazing. So I try to build my system with caution, lot of research, comparisons and patience. In example the Nikkor AF-S 24-120mm F/4.0 VR costs 1100€ in local market. But I found one brand new (sold as bulk after a kit separation) with half price! So I first try to see which is the best lens choice for what I want, then I examine which lens is the best and then I check the budget. My next buy is either a Nikkor 200-500mm or a Tamron 70-200mm G2. Both are near in retail price. So it depends which one I will find in a good sale - price. The 70-200mm is preferable for the image quality and the Nikkor 200-500mm for the extra reach.

So it has to with a multi factor choice at the end of the day. My go to lenses are Nikkors and Tamrons.
The rest are 'fun' lenses or lenses for special cases, like the Helios with which I've done great close up. abstracts

Every gear choice is carefully studied. It might take me months.
It is the same with drones. I had been looking for quite some time until I lock in my mind as a potential the DJI mavic 3 pro.
And the reason was the larger possible sensor I can afford for aerial photography with maximum sensor latitude for my style of photography.It is also the reason I migrated to full frame (and I'm finally happy).
I wouldn't invest in 1'' sensors. If I buy a drone it will be the Dji mavic 3 pro (fly more edition) and nothi9ng else for the moment. But it isn't a priority.
I also have other hobbies like Hi Fii system turntables, loudspeakers etc and the last 2 years I have also invested in this hobby as well. So I try to keep a balance. Photography and music go together in my life. 😉

P.S.
Your drone videos are wonderful! Well done Jack! Lovely colors, great sceneries!

Jack

Jack

Staff member
Top Poster Of Month
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
The only lens I have 3rd party is the Tamron 15-30mm the rest are vintage lenses and I own them mostly because of their 'character' and bokeh. My basic lenses are nikkor.
But I will not hesitate to buy a 3rd party. In example the Tamron 15-30mm G2 is better in many aspects than the nikkor 14-24mm. It has image stabilization where the nikkor hasn't. It has also excellent optics as the nikkor and the price is significantly lower.... This is why I'm interested in the Tamron 70-200mm g2 as well. It is a top level lens and costs 1450€ while the nikkor is 2700.... There is no point to go for the nikkor....
Tamron is a very serious brand and it also makes rebranded lenses (for sony and nikon)
I'm interested in high quality lenses but I also think of the budget. 5 years ago I entered full flame system and one year ago I went full frame only. It is a very expensive system in comparison with APSC i previously owned but the quality in absolutely amazing. So I try to build my system with caution, lot of research, comparisons and patience. In example the Nikkor AF-S 24-120mm F/4.0 VR costs 1100€ in local market. But I found one brand new (sold as bulk after a kit separation) with half price! So I first try to see which is the best lens choice for what I want, then I examine which lens is the best and then I check the budget. My next buy is either a Nikkor 200-500mm or a Tamron 70-200mm G2. Both are near in retail price. So it depends which one I will find in a good sale - price. The 70-200mm is preferable for the image quality and the Nikkor 200-500mm for the extra reach.

So it has to with a multi factor choice at the end of the day. My go to lenses are Nikkors and Tamrons.
The rest are 'fun' lenses or lenses for special cases, like the Helios with which I've done great close up. abstracts

Every gear choice is carefully studied. It might take me months.
It is the same with drones. I had been looking for quite some time until I lock in my mind as a potential the DJI mavic 3 pro.
And the reason was the larger possible sensor I can afford for aerial photography with maximum sensor latitude for my style of photography.It is also the reason I migrated to full frame (and I'm finally happy).
I wouldn't invest in 1'' sensors. If I buy a drone it will be the Dji mavic 3 pro (fly more edition) and nothi9ng else for the moment. But it isn't a priority.
I also have other hobbies like Hi Fii system turntables, loudspeakers etc and the last 2 years I have also invested in this hobby as well. So I try to keep a balance. Photography and music go together in my life. 😉

P.S.
Your drone videos are wonderful! Well done Jack! Lovely colors, great sceneries!

Seem you've done your home work. I never thought to buy 3rd party lenses for my camera, reason being is don't know how the quality will be compared to native Canon lenses, so decided to stick with only canon lenses. They are very expensive, but what I hate is they are loosing value over time. I still haven't got a full frame camera, as I made too many purchases this year. But thinking about canon r6 m2 to upgrade from my crop camera.

I do agree with you and is right to study and make right decision when purchasing new kit. In terms drones, my first drone was air 2s, and still have it till today, is really great drone for photography, with 1 inch sensor. By the way, why you'd avoid 1 inch sensor, this is really good for photography as is wide enough to capture more ?

DJI Mavic 3 is a good choice to be honest, but you need to consider restrictions in your country. That's the reason I had purchased a mini drone, so I can fly in towns and cities without any restrictions. Don't forget bigger drone, are making louder, which for this is an issue, I usually take my air 2s in the countryside for landscape, and mini 3 pro for cityscapes.

You have lots of hobbies, same as me :D, Sometimes my wife hates me that I purchase so many gear, but I replying her back: " What you'd choose, me going in the pub spending money there, or me buying new gear? "She never replies back :D :D

Thanks a lot panos_adgr panos_adgr . That's my vlog channel. So not really bother much with video quality or video editing, most of these video are recorded with my insta360 x3, which I really love it. You can check my video channel here: https://www.youtube.com/@iskymedia

panos_adgr

panos_adgr

Feb 8, 2022
Edit my images
No
Seem you've done your home work. I never thought to buy 3rd party lenses for my camera, reason being is don't know how the quality will be compared to native Canon lenses, so decided to stick with only canon lenses. They are very expensive, but what I hate is they are loosing value over time. I still haven't got a full frame camera, as I made too many purchases this year. But thinking about canon r6 m2 to upgrade from my crop camera.

I do agree with you and is right to study and make right decision when purchasing new kit. In terms drones, my first drone was air 2s, and still have it till today, is really great drone for photography, with 1 inch sensor. By the way, why you'd avoid 1 inch sensor, this is really good for photography as is wide enough to capture more ?

DJI Mavic 3 is a good choice to be honest, but you need to consider restrictions in your country. That's the reason I had purchased a mini drone, so I can fly in towns and cities without any restrictions. Don't forget bigger drone, are making louder, which for this is an issue, I usually take my air 2s in the countryside for landscape, and mini 3 pro for cityscapes.

You have lots of hobbies, same as me :D, Sometimes my wife hates me that I purchase so many gear, but I replying her back: " What you'd choose, me going in the pub spending money there, or me buying new gear? "She never replies back :D :D

Thanks a lot panos_adgr panos_adgr . That's my vlog channel. So not really bother much with video quality or video editing, most of these video are recorded with my insta360 x3, which I really love it. You can check my video channel here: https://www.youtube.com/@iskymedia

The mavic 3 pro is the best choice for me and for what I want to do in case i go into drone.
As for the restriction if i go for the mavic 3 pro I have 2 option. One is I get an A2 drone license which can be issued electronicaly after registering myself as a drone user in the civil aviation authority or by simply buying the mavic 3 pro version and adding the lighter batteries which are compatible with it making lighter under 900gr.

As you said earlier I have done my home work. 😅
The think is if im going to spent the money for the Mavic 3pro fly more combo or for something else... 😉

Jack

Jack

Staff member
Top Poster Of Month
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
The mavic 3 pro is the best choice for me and for what I want to do in case i go into drone.
As for the restriction if i go for the mavic 3 pro I have 2 option. One is I get an A2 drone license which can be issued electronicaly after registering myself as a drone user in the civil aviation authority or by simply buying the mavic 3 pro version and adding the lighter batteries which are compatible with it making lighter under 900gr.

As you said earlier I have done my home work. 😅
The think is if im going to spent the money for the Mavic 3pro fly more combo or for something else... 😉

I only have my flyer ID, I could get additional license which will allow to fly more closely to people, but I see now point spending extra money, since I have my mini drone and I can fly it pretty much everywhere. I like the air 2s that is heavier and better in the wind. Same applies to mavic 3 as well. I like it, but for me is too expensive. :D, is around £2600 here. Can't justify that spendings on a drone.