Is time to buy new camera?

Welcome to Explorness!

Looking for a peaceful place to meet other photographers from all around the world ? Then join us for FREE!!!

Jack

Jack

Photo Shooter :)
Staff member
Top Poster Of Month
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
I made an other threads regarding sensor cleaning, however when I took some long exposure images, I noticed a lot of dots on images. Don't really think that dust or dirt ? Is that means I need to replace my camera?

I have attached some images below.

damaged-min.jpgdamaged1-min.jpg

damaged 3-min.jpg

P

Peter Korevaar

Jun 19, 2022
Edit my images
No
If I look at it that way, it seems to me really dirty on the sensor. Otherwise, go to the photo shop.

• Admin
Jack

Jack

Staff member
Top Poster Of Month
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
If I look at it that way, it seems to me really dirty on the sensor. Otherwise, go to the photo shop.

I cleaned the sensor couple of times. The problem is that those dots aren't appearing on single photo, but long exposure now :unsure:

P

Peter Korevaar

Jun 19, 2022
Edit my images
No
I understand your problem, it really looks like dirt on the sensor. Try it with a different lens to rule things out. Otherwise it will really be a visit to the photo doctor.

• Admin
Jack

Jack

Staff member
Top Poster Of Month
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
I understand your problem, it really looks like dirt on the sensor. Try it with a different lens to rule things out. Otherwise it will really be a visit to the photo doctor.

Very weird, I don't think it can be the lesn. I usually clean my lenses very well. A visit to photo doctor will cost some cash :)))

P

Peter Korevaar

Jun 19, 2022
Edit my images
No
You could ask if they can clean the sensor. It doesn't cost much and then you know for sure what is going on.

• Admin
Jack

Jack

Staff member
Top Poster Of Month
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
You could ask if they can clean the sensor. It doesn't cost much and then you know for sure what is going on.

I though these dots are some dead pixels are they appear on long exposure only.

P

Peter Korevaar

Jun 19, 2022
Edit my images
No
It could be, but here on the forum it remains uncertain. If you want to be sure, go to the store, and otherwise edit in a photo editing program.

• Admin
Jack

Jack

Staff member
Top Poster Of Month
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
It could be, but here on the forum it remains uncertain. If you want to be sure, go to the store, and otherwise edit in a photo editing program.
Probably I will have to pay a visit to camera store, and see what they say about it.

Morexp57

Morexp57

Feb 12, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
I though these dots are some dead pixels are they appear on long exposure only.
I think it's more a question of dust on the sensor. Dead pixels have a different appearance. You can try to buy a can of compressed air to blow on the sensor. If you go to a photographer's shop, they should be able to advise you.

Jack

Jack

Staff member
Top Poster Of Month
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
I think it's more a question of dust on the sensor. Dead pixels have a different appearance. You can try to buy a can of compressed air to blow on the sensor. If you go to a photographer's shop, they should be able to advise you.

Thanks Morexp57 Morexp57 , I might try to do It myself again, don’t really want to spend money unless that’s necessary. I have a blower which I will use it.

Andy Smith

Andy Smith

Feb 10, 2022
Edit my images
No
These are sensor dust spots Jack, dead pixels look different.
If you aren't ready to spend the money for professional cleaning, you could try to import a photo into Lightroom, use the spot removal tool to get rid of the dust spots.
Then always keep this image in Lightroom and when you import new images sync them to this one and just check spot removal in the details box that pops up.
Not the best solution but it should work.

Jack

Jack

Staff member
Top Poster Of Month
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
These are sensor dust spots Jack, dead pixels look different.
If you aren't ready to spend the money for professional cleaning, you could try to import a photo into Lightroom, use the spot removal tool to get rid of the dust spots.
Then always keep this image in Lightroom and when you import new images sync them to this one and just check spot removal in the details box that pops up.
Not the best solution but it should work.

Thanks Andy Smith Andy Smith , I did removed the spots in Photoshop as they were to visible. But that’s good tip.

G

Guest 183

Jun 29, 2022
These are sensor dust spots. When you use a lot of either clarity or dehaze it highlights dust spots. If you use f16 or smaller ie larger number then dust spots appear that are not visible at f8 and are barely visible at f11. How do you clean your sensor? Ken

Jack

Jack

Staff member
Top Poster Of Month
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
These are sensor dust spots. When you use a lot of either clarity or dehaze it highlights dust spots. If you use f16 or smaller ie larger number then dust spots appear that are not visible at f8 and are barely visible at f11. How do you clean your sensor? Ken

Thanks for the reply. I try to clean it with a dry swab. I've noticed there's a lot of them on the sensor when editing my images.