Gear advice lens test

• Thread starter TMG1961
  • Start date
  • Watchers 2

Welcome to Explorness!

Looking for a peaceful place to meet other photographers from all around the world ? Then join us for FREE!!!

A discussion about gear such camera, lenses, tripods, and other equipments.
TMG1961

TMG1961

Feb 8, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
I bought a cleaning kit from amazon. I didn't spayed inside the camera, just whipped gently with a small cotton cloth.
So a wet clean? I never did that, so do not have any experience with it. But more then enough tutorials to be found on youtube.

Jack

Jack

Photo Shooter :)
Staff member
Top Poster Of Month
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
So a wet clean? I never did that, so do not have any experience with it. But more then enough tutorials to be found on youtube.
No, never done with wet cloth. To much risk to take, don’t want to play with water around the electronics, especially inside the camera.

TMG1961

TMG1961

Feb 8, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
No, never done with wet cloth. To much risk to take, don’t want to play with water around the electronics, especially inside the camera.
You don't use water when you do a wet clean. You got special kits that you use for your sensor. Have a look at this

Jack

Jack

Staff member
Top Poster Of Month
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
You don't use water when you do a wet clean. You got special kits that you use for your sensor. Have a look at this

I do have same Swab, but don't think it helped a lot. 🤔

TMG1961

TMG1961

Feb 8, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
I do have same Swab, but don't think it helped a lot. 🤔
Maybe go by a photoshop and ask what they charge for a professional cleaning of the sensor.

Jack

Jack

Staff member
Top Poster Of Month
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Maybe go by a photoshop and ask what they charge for a professional cleaning of the sensor.

I would rather learn how to do it myself instead of spending money to the shop, and even if I went, the probably would charge me lots of money and do poor job. When you doing yourself, you know how you’ve done it, and you want to do it properly.

TMG1961

TMG1961

Feb 8, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
I would rather learn how to do it myself instead of spending money to the shop, and even if I went, the probably would charge me lots of money and do poor job. When you doing yourself, you know how you’ve done it, and you want to do it properly.
If you shoot a photo like explained in the video, do you see spots on the photo? If not then the cleaning was good, if you do see them maybe clean the sensor again.

Jack

Jack

Staff member
Top Poster Of Month
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
If you shoot a photo like explained in the video, do you see spots on the photo? If not then the cleaning was good, if you do see them maybe clean the sensor again.

I see spots when I retouch images, example when I do increase dehaze in Lr.

TMG1961

TMG1961

Feb 8, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
I see spots when I retouch images, example when I do increase dehaze in Lr.
Maybe give it another careful clean. Perhaps somebody else with more experience in sensor cleaning might have other solutions.

Jack

Jack

Staff member
Top Poster Of Month
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Maybe give it another careful clean. Perhaps somebody else with more experience in sensor cleaning might have other solutions.

I will try to clean it again definitely. But honestly I have tried to clean it couple of times. And I have same issues on both cameras.

TMG1961

TMG1961

Feb 8, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
I will try to clean it again definitely. But honestly I have tried to clean it couple of times. And I have same issues on both cameras.
Do you have the problem with all lenses you use? Maybe it is not the sensor but a lens. Do you clean both ends of the lens?

Jack

Jack

Staff member
Top Poster Of Month
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Do you have the problem with all lenses you use? Maybe it is not the sensor but a lens. Do you clean both ends of the lens?
I don't really do both ends. Only the front lens. Maybe you could be right. I will try to clean again and see if the issue goes away.

Andy Smith

Andy Smith

Feb 10, 2022
Edit my images
No
Have you tested a couple of lenses Jack, to see if the problem spots are there with different lenses?
If they are then you know it's your sensor, but if they aren't there on both lenses you know it's the lens that needs cleaning.
Just a thought. :)
No point cleaning the sensor if it's not needed.

Jack

Jack

Staff member
Top Poster Of Month
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Have you tested a couple of lenses Jack, to see if the problem spots are there with different lenses?
If they are then you know it's your sensor, but if they aren't there on both lenses you know it's the lens that needs cleaning.
Just a thought. :)
No point cleaning the sensor if it's not needed.

You could be right to be honest. I'll give it a go with different lens, see what the outcome.