• Thread starter Explorness
  • Start date
  • Watchers 8

Welcome to Explorness!

Looking for a peaceful place to meet other photographers from all around the world ? Then join us for FREE!!!

The main use of this thread is to share a photo per post. Please share an appropriate photo to the subject.
Photo Theme 

Mountains Showcase

End date
Dec 31, 2031
Subject
Mountains
New photo Theme.

Please post the best images you have in stock.

Subject:Mountains
Photo credit:@Jack
Start date:2022
Rules:
  • 1 Photo per post
  • Do not spam.
  • Post the location.
  • Name of the Camera.
  • Only pictures taken with Camera are allowed.
End date:Indefinitely
Photo:599A6575-min.jpgack

NOTE: Explorness is not a Photo Hosting Company, do please consider commenting, posting and getting engaged in other threads and topics on site.

Morexp57

Morexp57

Feb 12, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Pyramids in Switzerland?

Photo taken in the region of Charmey, in the canton of Fribourg on June 23, 2022. I see several pyramids in this landscape... One of them has a strangely flat top, at the bottom right.
PLR_0428_DXO.jpg
ISO 100, f/16.0, 1/15 s, 83 mm

Melissajane

Melissajane

Nov 10, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
A view of a peak of the Three Sisters of Glencoe last winter.
This is one of my favourite images, the moment was fleeting. I was actually running on 1 hour of sleep after doing a night shoot of the Buachaille Etive Mor (Stob Dearg) mountain.
When the sun came up, it pulled all the details of this scene and I just couldn't resist it. It looks fantastic in monochrome with the extreme contrast between light and dark.
I noticed a dark cloud heading towards the peak so I waited until it was positioned perfectly in my composition.

Editing didn't require much at all. Basic retouching and mostly dodging & burning to really pull out all of the details.

Camera: Sony A7R
Lens: Sony 24-240mm
Focal length: 240mm
Aperture: F13
Shutter Speed: 1/200s (to darken the strength of the sun and to avoid camera wobble as I was shooting at full range and positioned on spongy ground)
ISO: 160 (forgot to change it to 100, got excited by the scene!!)

Stob Coire Nan Lochan B&W.jpg