Photography New lens

Welcome to Explorness!

Looking for a peaceful place to meet other photographers from all around the world ? Then join us for FREE!!!

General photography discussion.
Jack

Jack

Photo Shooter :)
Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
I don't buy from ebay. When i buy a lens from one of the photoshops in The Netherlands i will get a 12 month warranty on most used lenses. Not sure of you get that on ebay.
Don't think so. Is basically buying on your own risk. But personally I never buy second hand photography equipment.

TMG1961

TMG1961

Feb 8, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Don't think so. Is basically buying on your own risk. But personally I never buy second hand photography equipment.
With my budget it is either a new budget lens, or a second hand higher end lens. I usually shop in region of €500 max

Jack

Jack

Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
With my budget it is either a new budget lens, or a second hand higher end lens. I usually shop in region of €500 max

If you can get warranty, then go for it. However, if there is not warranty, I would recommend to save a bit more and get brand new lens.

TMG1961

TMG1961

Feb 8, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
If you can get warranty, then go for it. However, if there is not warranty, I would recommend to save a bit more and get brand new lens.
The shops i use give 12 months warranty on almost all second hand lenses/cameras and other gear, sometimes 6 or 3 months but that is less than 10% and most of the time for lenses/cameras that are in a very well used condition. I have lenses that look as new like my sony 24-70 or the tokina 12-24 which both were second hand with 12 months warranty.

Jack

Jack

Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
The shops i use give 12 months warranty on almost all second hand lenses/cameras and other gear, sometimes 6 or 3 months but that is less than 10% and most of the time for lenses/cameras that are in a very well used condition. I have lenses that look as new like my sony 24-70 or the tokina 12-24 which both were second hand with 12 months warranty.
Then go for it. As long as these are in good condition and you have warranty, then nothing to worry about.