Photo editing Time for editing images

Welcome to Explorness!

Looking for a peaceful place to meet other photographers from all around the world ? Then join us for FREE!!!

This topic is opened to chat about photo editing softwares.
Jack

Jack

Photo Shooter :)
Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
I was using Lightroom until the end of 2021, but as I didn't want to pay a subscription fee, I switched to Capture one.
I needed max 2-5 minutes to editing a good picture. Not much has changed with Capture one. the possibilities are greater but I limit myself to the minimum: cut, clarity and exposure.
Capture one is much faster when looking through and evaluating the pictures.
When I make macros, I use Helicon Focus to put stacks together. but then it can takes a little longer time!

I have never tried Capture One, even if there is discount code for purchase. Is there big difference between Capture one and Lr?

Jack

Jack

Photo Shooter :)
Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
It depends on the type of images. For landscapes I usually do some minor crop or contrast adjustment, very often I use the JPG directly (I tend to shoot landscapes in raw and jpg).
Astro takes more time.
And macro, if I need to stack, a lot more.
I like "reviewing" images taken some time ago, when I was not using editing programs, and doing some enhancement. It is like "travelling again" to those places.

I think for landscape images there’s not much editing required , just some minor adjustments. But also depending how much creativity you want to add to the photo.