Phones & PC What phone you are using ?

Welcome to Explorness!

Looking for a peaceful place to meet other photographers from all around the world ? Then join us for FREE!!!

This topic is opened to chat and about phones and PC's or laptops.
Jack

Jack

Photo Shooter :)
Staff member
Top Poster Of Month
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Let’s chat about phones. What phone do you use for daily tasks?

I use an old Huawei P20 Mate pro, almost 4 years old, but still alive. Does some good images, but obviously won’t replace any of my cameras I have.

Morexp57

Morexp57

Feb 12, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
I use a 2nd generation iPhone SE which is only 2 years old. Good value for money that is capable of taking amazing photos, even if the quality is nothing like a good camera.

Andy Smith

Andy Smith

Feb 10, 2022
Edit my images
No
Was using an iPhone 6 for years until a few months ago, the battery was dying in half a day and some Apps were very slow or couldn't be updated, so I changed it and went for the iPhone 13 mini.

• Admin
Jack

Jack

Staff member
Top Poster Of Month
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
I had an iPhone 4s around 6 years ago, decided to change it, battery was dying, I believe because they are pushing updates every time, this kills your battery, which requires more power.

Morexp57 Morexp57 If I’m not wrong, the screen is not that big on SE?

Andy Smith Andy Smith , I like some products from Apple, example IPad which I’m using one, but can’t deal their phones, to many restrictions, plus slightly expensive.

What’s the camera capability?

Andy Smith

Andy Smith

Feb 10, 2022
Edit my images
No
Andy Smith Andy Smith , I like some products from Apple, example IPad which I’m using one, but can’t deal their phones, to many restrictions, plus slightly expensive.

What’s the camera capability?
I am happy with the phone, no restrictions as far as I can see and the price was comparable to anything else of equal quality in the market. Camera is ok I guess, but I only use it for documents really, to convert them to pdf.
I didn't buy it for the camera anyway.

Morexp57

Morexp57

Feb 12, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
@
Morexp57
Morexp57 If I’m not wrong, the screen is not that big on SE?
Exactly, I love being able to put my phone in my pocket! 🙂
I don't need a big screen on a phone, like you I have an iPad.

• Admin
Jack

Jack

Staff member
Top Poster Of Month
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Exactly, I love being able to put my phone in my pocket! 🙂
I don't need a big screen on a phone, like you I have an iPad.

Make sense, I don't like big screen as well, but it's good to have decent screen size, can view more when browsing the forum.

• Admin
Jack

Jack

Staff member
Top Poster Of Month
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
I am happy with the phone, no restrictions as far as I can see and the price was comparable to anything else of equal quality in the market. Camera is ok I guess, but I only use it for documents really, to convert them to pdf.
I didn't buy it for the camera anyway.

How about applications? I know on apple store most of the apps are paid, when on android you can get them for free.

I'm just used to Android I guess 😅

Andy Smith

Andy Smith

Feb 10, 2022
Edit my images
No
How about applications? I know on apple store most of the apps are paid, when on android you can get them for free.

I'm just used to Android I guess 😅
I pay for a few apps like PhotoPills but most of the others I use are free. I just like Apple because of the way all my computers, phones and I pads sync and work together extremely well. Never been a fan of Android stuff to be honest, it seems too clunky and is just not as user friendly in my opinion.
Each to their own though.

Morexp57

Morexp57

Feb 12, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
I pay for a few apps like PhotoPills but most of the others I use are free. I just like Apple because of the way all my computers, phones and I pads sync and work together extremely well. Never been a fan of Android stuff to be honest, it seems too clunky and is just not as user friendly in my opinion.
I agree.
Every time my wife asks me "how do I..." on her Android phone, I have a hard time answering. It seems so counter intuitive and complicated compared to Apple!
But it's also a matter of habit, I guess.

Greg Shchepanek

Greg Shchepanek

Jul 13, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Google Pixel4a tried to upgrade to a Pixel6 pro this week and got hosed by my service provider, now in the process of leaving to the competitor, who are making things very easy for me.

Jack

Jack

Staff member
Top Poster Of Month
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Agree, Apple products are more user friendly than Android. From Apple I really like IPads, they very good, still own one . Don’t think I’ll be able to get used to an iPhone to be honest.

Dean Wilson

Dean Wilson

Jul 22, 2022
Edit my images
No
I purchased the Samsung Galaxy S8 Active back in 2017. My reasoning was the "Active" as a Military Grade body and in the construction trade you have a tendency to drop your phone...a lot.

The software has improved from the initial release. Even though it is a mirrorless camera it won't replace my full-frame mirrorless camera.

leaf.png

René Rufer

René Rufer

Feb 16, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Oh, almost all apple freaks. I'm a Nokia fan of the first hours. Now I have the Nokia 8.3 since 2 years and fully satisfied with it. It provides good pictures when I am biking without my camera !
Otherwise, is it first my phone. With the camera I can do the location of my pictures (if needed). The GPS of my canon needs too much juice!

Dean Wilson

Dean Wilson

Jul 22, 2022
Edit my images
No
Oh, almost all apple freaks. I'm a Nokia fan of the first hours. Now I have the Nokia 8.3 since 2 years and fully satisfied with it. It provides good pictures when I am biking without my camera !
Otherwise, is it first my phone. With the camera I can do the location of my pictures (if needed). The GPS of my canon needs too much juice!
444 - 777 33 6 33 6 22 33 777 - 6 999 - 333 444 777 7777 8 - 66 666 55 4444 2