Photo editing Editing with graphic tablets - do you use one?

• Thread starter lightmuncher
  • Start date
  • Watchers 5

Welcome to Explorness!

Looking for a peaceful place to meet other photographers from all around the world ? Then join us for FREE!!!

This topic is opened to chat about photo editing softwares.
M

markmullen

Mar 14, 2023
Edit my images
No
I've just got some more gift vouchers from work (essentially every time I cheat death they give me gift vouchers šŸ˜€ ) so am wondering about buying an iPad to use for editing alongside my MacBook Air, was thinking I could use it with Apple Pencil 2 as a graphics tablet, and with sidecar as a second monitor. Does anyone edit that way?

lightmuncher

lightmuncher

Dec 18, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
I've just got some more gift vouchers from work (essentially every time I cheat death they give me gift vouchers šŸ˜€ ) so am wondering about buying an iPad to use for editing alongside my MacBook Air, was thinking I could use it with Apple Pencil 2 as a graphics tablet, and with sidecar as a second monitor. Does anyone edit that way?
You're way above my pay grade here. Mac is another world, beyond my pocket.

M

markmullen

Mar 14, 2023
Edit my images
No
You're way above my pay grade here. Mac is another world, beyond my pocket.
You might be surprised, whilst the initial purchase price is higher they last an awfully long time, the Mac Pro I was using until I bought this current MacBook Air this year was a 2008 model, still fast enough and reliable enough to use for all my editing, even big stitched panoramas. There wouldn't be many 2008 Windows machines still in use I'd wager.

lightmuncher

lightmuncher

Dec 18, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
You might be surprised, whilst the initial purchase price is higher they last an awfully long time, the Mac Pro I was using until I bought this current MacBook Air this year was a 2008 model, still fast enough and reliable enough to use for all my editing, even big stitched panoramas. There wouldn't be many 2008 Windows machines still in use I'd wager.
That is true. Just had that conversation with my wife as she wants a new computer.