• Thread starter Explorness
  • Start date
  • Watchers 14

Welcome to Explorness!

Looking for a peaceful place to meet other photographers from all around the world ? Then join us for FREE!!!

The main use of this thread is to share a photo per post. Please share an appropriate photo to the subject.
Photo Theme 

Lakeside

End date
Jul 1, 2031
Subject
Lakes
New photo Theme.

Please post the best images you have in stock.

Subject:Lakes
Photo credit: Jack Jack
Start date:2022
Rules:
  • 1 Photo per post
  • Do not spam.
  • Post the location.
  • Name of the Camera.
  • Only pictures taken with Camera are allowed.
End date:Indefinitely
Photo:IMG_5058-min.jpg

NOTE: Explorness is not a Photo Hosting Company, do please consider commenting, posting and getting engaged in other threads and topics on site.

Last edited by a moderator:
panos_adgr

panos_adgr

Feb 8, 2022
Edit my images
No
Lake Kerkini / Serres
Macedonia, Greece

For this place I will make a special thread one day.

Nikon D610
Nikkor AF-S 24-85mm f/3.5-4.5 G ED VR @24mm
Hoya Pro ND1000 (10 stop ND Filter)
9 long exposures of 10''
f/8.0
iso 100 (base iso)
+1.3EV Exposure Compensations for reciprocity failure of ND filter
Exposure stacking in Photoshop in Mean Mode (average mode)

img_202111290019149650.jpg

Last edited:
panos_adgr

panos_adgr

Feb 8, 2022
Edit my images
No
You can share them on special technique subforum :)
Yes I will! I do mostly long exposures from 9 or more exposures. They are equivalent as one which would have the sum of time exposure of the 9 exposures with the benefits of noise suppression.

I will analyze it another time. šŸ‘šŸ™‚

Jack

Jack

Photo Shooter :)
Staff member
Top Poster Of Month
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Yes I will! I do mostly long exposures from 9 or more exposures. They are equivalent as one which would have the sum of time exposure of the 9 exposures with the benefits of noise suppression.

I will analyze it another time. šŸ‘šŸ™‚
C Chavezshutter first picture here was a long exposure one. It's a bit fun technique. I need to get ND filters to do it during the day šŸ˜Š

panos_adgr

panos_adgr

Feb 8, 2022
Edit my images
No
C Chavezshutter first picture here was a long exposure one. It's a bit fun technique. I need to get ND filters to do it during the day šŸ˜Š
Yes you will need one. The first time you will try it you will feel like a new world of creativity open in photography. I'm addicted to it!
Before you buy one check reviews. Some ND filters have color cast (normally none must have color cast) and some affect negative, sharpness. Even some from known brands.

Jack

Jack

Staff member
Top Poster Of Month
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Yes you will need one. The first time you will try it you will feel like a new world of creativity open in photography. I'm addicted to it!
Before you buy one check reviews. Some ND filters have color cast (normally none must have color cast) and some affect negative, sharpness. Even some from known brands.
I've tried during the nigh time, and love it. And I checked some ND filters, but they cost around Ā£200 here. No cheap at all.

panos_adgr

panos_adgr

Feb 8, 2022
Edit my images
No
I've tried during the nigh time, and love it. And I checked some ND filters, but they cost around Ā£200 here. No cheap at all.
That's very expensive Jack!

I have a Hoya Pro ND1000 (1Ostop) 72mm which I bought for 80euros. 79 to be exact. I've told you in the past that you could try ordering it from here.šŸ˜‰

panos_adgr

panos_adgr

Feb 8, 2022
Edit my images
No
I will add one more photo!

It is from a very loved locations which is about 1h 15m from my home. I drive there usually on Sundays if i'm bored and want to go somewhere for photos. It is a sea lake. It is called Vouliagmeni Lake and is located near Loutraki (central Greece)
I go there in the afternoons and in winter because during summer it is full of people swimming.

Nikon D850
Nikkor AF-S 24-85mm f/3.5-4.5 G ED VR @24mm
Hoya Pro ND1000 (10 stop ND Filter)
9 long exposures of 30''
f/8.0
iso 64 (base iso)
+1.7EV Exposure Compensations for reciprocity failure of ND filter
Exposure stacking in Photoshop in Mean Mode (average mode)

Untitled2 copy_1_02.JPG

Last edited:
Jack

Jack

Staff member
Top Poster Of Month
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
That's very expensive Jack!

I have a Hoya Pro ND1000 (1Ostop) 72mm which I bought for 80euros. 79 to be exact. I've told you in the past that you could try ordering it from here.šŸ˜‰
I will need to find that post :D and check it out again.

C

Chavezshutter

Feb 4, 2022
These are brilliant!!
Jack Jack - Thats an awesome shot, love the colours and composition
TMG1961 TMG1961 - I know editing is not your forte but I have to say, your photos have a lot of potential. Very nice locations and captures, a filter here, a preset there and they could be outstanding, keep at it.
panos_adgr panos_adgr Fantastic photos, interesting technique with the stacking, I do something like it for astro, had no idea it can be used in other styles but I guess it makes sense - better noise to signal ratio and improved sharpness and detail. Very cool. That last photo I would classify as fine art, very impressive.

Last edited:
TMG1961

TMG1961

Feb 8, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
These are brilliant!!
Jack Jack - Thats an awesome shot, love the colours and composition
TMG1961 TMG1961 - I know editing is not your forte but I have to say, your photos have a lot of potential. Very nice locations and captures, a filter here, a preset there and they could be outstanding, keep at it.
panos_adgr panos_adgr Fantastic photos, interesting technique with the stacking, I do something like it for astro, had no idea it can be used in other styles but I guess it makes sense - better noise to signal ratio and improved sharpness and detail. Very cool. That last photo I would classify as fine art, very impressive.
I am not very good at photo editing. I keep trying to learn more but not making much progress. Both photos are the best i could do as editing goes.