• Thread starter Explorness
  • Start date
  • Watchers 14

Welcome to Explorness!

Looking for a peaceful place to meet other photographers from all around the world ? Then join us for FREE!!!

The main use of this thread is to share a photo per post. Please share an appropriate photo to the subject.
Photo Theme 

Lakeside

End date
Jul 1, 2031
Subject
Lakes
New photo Theme.

Please post the best images you have in stock.

Subject:Lakes
Photo credit:@Jack
Start date:2022
Rules:
  • 1 Photo per post
  • Do not spam.
  • Post the location.
  • Name of the Camera.
  • Only pictures taken with Camera are allowed.
End date:Indefinitely
Photo:IMG_5058-min.jpg

NOTE: Explorness is not a Photo Hosting Company, do please consider commenting, posting and getting engaged in other threads and topics on site.

Last edited by a moderator:
Morexp57

Morexp57

Feb 12, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Thursday March 17, I went for a walk by the lake of Gruyère (yes! Gruyère is the region where the excellent cheese of the same name comes from).
It is an artificial lake put in water in 1948. About once a year, the water level is lowered, which allows to see some nice rock formations.
Lac de la Gruyère.jpg
ISO 100, f/11.0, 1/25 s, 85 mm

panos_adgr

panos_adgr

Feb 8, 2022
Edit my images
No
I have another composition with these reflexions.
Inverted for a dreamy feeling.
View attachment 338
ISO 100, f/11.0, 1/50s, 18 mm
This is the average of a superposition of 10 exposures of 1/50 s, a technique often used by panos_adgr panos_adgr. This is one of my first attempt with this superposition technique.
Beautiful composition Morexp57 Morexp57 !
Very nice framing and interesting artistic approach.

The stacking technique if not in long exposure it can be used with faster shutter speeds. In this cases it can serve as an excellent tool for ultra effective noise reduction and of course slight dynamic range enhancement in shadows as noise is supressed and more information can be retrieved from the dark parts of the image.

There is a 'school' of photographers who use this technique to to HDR without bracketing.

Morexp57

Morexp57

Feb 12, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Beautiful composition, lovely colors. We can really feel the calm start of the day. Autumn is really well rende in your picture.

G

Guest 183

Jun 29, 2022
A loch not a lake. One of my favourite images, this one from Loch Ard in Central Scotland. The location is not particularly beautiful but the mist in the trees and the blink of sunshine, which lasted for only a few seconds, lifts it above my normal output. Winter light in Scotland is good all day, the sun remains low and fairly soft. Ken
_DSC6423-3 whole thing col balanced better-2 removing blue cast level copy.jpg

Morexp57

Morexp57

Feb 12, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Another stunning image!
I only have to improve for a hundred years before I come back and post pictures here.

G

Guest 183

Jun 29, 2022
Another stunning image!
I only have to improve for a hundred years before I come back and post pictures here.
No you don't. Go out, take more pictures and you may be in the right place at the right time as I was here. I have taken more than 200,000 images and very few of them are as good as this. I am also lucky in living near to what many people think are some of the past landscape locations in the world. Ken

NataliaFlejszarPhoto

NataliaFlejszarPhoto

Staff member
May 18, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Taken a few years ago, but I have never since witnessed the light as I did on this occasion at Buttermere, Cumbria UK

wow!! amazing!!! so calming sceneries :love:

NataliaFlejszarPhoto

NataliaFlejszarPhoto

Staff member
May 18, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
I will add one more photo!

It is from a very loved locations which is about 1h 15m from my home. I drive there usually on Sundays if i'm bored and want to go somewhere for photos. It is a sea lake. It is called Vouliagmeni Lake and is located near Loutraki (central Greece)
I go there in the afternoons and in winter because during summer it is full of people swimming.

Nikon D850
Nikkor AF-S 24-85mm f/3.5-4.5 G ED VR @24mm
Hoya Pro ND1000 (10 stop ND Filter)
9 long exposures of 30''
f/8.0
iso 64 (base iso)
+1.7EV Exposure Compensations for reciprocity failure of ND filter
Exposure stacking in Photoshop in Mean Mode (average mode)

View attachment 17
so beautiful!! , I guess you have a lot of beautiful and unique sceneries there in Greece :love:

NataliaFlejszarPhoto

NataliaFlejszarPhoto

Staff member
May 18, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Lake Kerkini / Serres
Macedonia, Greece

For this place I will make a special thread one day.

Nikon D610
Nikkor AF-S 24-85mm f/3.5-4.5 G ED VR @24mm
Hoya Pro ND1000 (10 stop ND Filter)
9 long exposures of 10''
f/8.0
iso 100 (base iso)
+1.3EV Exposure Compensations for reciprocity failure of ND filter
Exposure stacking in Photoshop in Mean Mode (average mode)

View attachment 14

wow!! so beautiful :love::love::love:, I love the natural colours and the beautifully captured sceneries :love:

NataliaFlejszarPhoto

NataliaFlejszarPhoto

Staff member
May 18, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Derwentwater, English Lake District, Nikon D810. A flat calm early morning with sunshine illuminating a strip of the background plus Rampsholme Island in the foreground. KenView attachment 641

Amazing sceneries and great Photograph! Just WOW!