• Thread starter Explorness
  • Start date
  • Watchers 14

Welcome to Explorness!

Looking for a peaceful place to meet other photographers from all around the world ? Then join us for FREE!!!

The main use of this thread is to share a photo per post. Please share an appropriate photo to the subject.
Photo Theme 

Lakeside

End date
Jul 1, 2031
Subject
Lakes
New photo Theme.

Please post the best images you have in stock.

Subject:Lakes
Photo credit: Jack Jack
Start date:2022
Rules:
  • 1 Photo per post
  • Do not spam.
  • Post the location.
  • Name of the Camera.
  • Only pictures taken with Camera are allowed.
End date:Indefinitely
Photo:IMG_5058-min.jpg

NOTE: Explorness is not a Photo Hosting Company, do please consider commenting, posting and getting engaged in other threads and topics on site.

Last edited by a moderator:
Phil Nicholson

Phil Nicholson

Nov 6, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Imports - 1 of 1.jpeg

I am only a novice at photography so I am on a steep learning curve. I took this photograph a while ago in the grounds of Raby Castle in County Durham, I used Lightroom and Photoshop to edit it. I must say having viewed some of the photos on this site the quality is extremely high and I wonder if my photos are anywhere near the standard I have seen. This site is the best I have seen, so thank you Jack for inviting me to join I am very grateful.

Last edited:
Morexp57

Morexp57

Feb 12, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
This is a very nice picture Phil Nicholson Phil Nicholson.
It gives off a lot of calm, I really like the atmosphere.
You don't have to be ashamed of the quality of this picture. The composition and the lighting are excellent.

Phil Nicholson

Phil Nicholson

Nov 6, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
This is a very nice picture Phil Nicholson Phil Nicholson.
It gives off a lot of calm, I really like the atmosphere.
You don't have to be ashamed of the quality of this picture. The composition and the lighting are excellent.
Thank you for the kind words I guess I do lack a bit of confidence, I'm not technical minded when it comes to cameras. I tend to think of myself as a lucky photographer.

panos_adgr

panos_adgr

Feb 8, 2022
Edit my images
No
Hello Phil Nicholson Phil Nicholson !
I do not know if you are a novice photographer or if you are learning now... What I know is that I really like the photo! The ambience is wonderful and in this particular photo I like the excessive vignetting, added. Wonderful!!!

Morexp57

Morexp57

Feb 12, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Today it's raining, it's cold and I don't feel like going out. Yesterday, on the other hand, the weather was fine and the shore of Lake Geneva still offered beautiful autumnal colours and was an invitation to go for a walk. It was my first photographic outing for 12 days. A post covid walk!
PLR_3076_DXO.jpg
ISO 64, f/1.8, 1/4000 s, 50 mm

Phil Nicholson

Phil Nicholson

Nov 6, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
1 2.jpg

Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000
3:2 BSI-CMOS sensor

i took this photo about a year ago, I cannot remember where it was, old age I guess! However although not to everyone's taste I like it and use it as wallpaper on my laptop.
I have another image of this photo which has been converted to watercolour using another program which I find interesting but I'm not sure if it would be allowed maybe Jack will let me know then I can post it to see if any of you like it?

Jack

Jack

Photo Shooter :)
Staff member
Top Poster Of Month
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
View attachment 1399

Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000
3:2 BSI-CMOS sensor

i took this photo about a year ago, I cannot remember where it was, old age I guess! However although not to everyone's taste I like it and use it as wallpaper on my laptop.
I have another image of this photo which has been converted to watercolour using another program which I find interesting but I'm not sure if it would be allowed maybe Jack will let me know then I can post it to see if any of you like it?
As long it's landscape photography related you can share it. If not, feel free to share it on photography chats forum.

Phil Nicholson

Phil Nicholson

Nov 6, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
As long it's landscape photography related you can share it. If not, feel free to share it on photography chats forum.

Thanks Jack, it's the same photo as I posted above, the only difference is that I used a program called "Waterlogue pro" it's a basic program to turn your photos into a watercolour picture. Every now and I take a photo which I think would look ok as a watercolour image. It's a bit of fun, what do you think?

6.jpeg

O

oscar118

Feb 8, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Lagoon dock at night
Light painted with flashlight

chascomus-173.JPG

Phil Nicholson

Phil Nicholson

Nov 6, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
The lakes in front of Raby castle.

3.jpg

C

CharlesFScott4

Apr 1, 2023
Edit my images
Yes
Jack suggested posting this image on Explorness. Not sure if this is the right place but it was shot lakeside.

These are pollen rings on Bald Cypress at Caddo Lake State Park in East Texas.

Canon EOS R • Canon RF 24-240mm f/4-6.3 IS USM @90mm • 20s. • f/11 • ISO 200

Morexp57

Morexp57

Feb 12, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Decidedly, a suitable weather is struggling to settle this year. On a walk along Lake Geneva this Monday morning, I took this image. Since I don't particularly like the heat and, as a photographer, I prefer a sky like this to an all blue sky, finally this weather doesn't bother me at all!
PLR_4159_1.jpg
ISO 64, f/8.0, 1/100 s, 37 mm, 15/05/2023

Last edited: