Photography Watermark

Welcome to Explorness!

Looking for a peaceful place to meet other photographers from all around the world ? Then join us for FREE!!!

General photography discussion.
TMG1961

TMG1961

Feb 8, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
You will have to add some white edge as well to the logo, so it will visible on all images.
Why would i need to add a white edge to the logo? Also i have no idea how to do that, looked at some videos how to add an edge but my outcome made the logo worse, bits went missing from the camera and the bottom line.

I am going to make a brush out of the logo so i can add the watermark using photoshop, i can than change the colour to whatever i want.

Jack

Jack

Photo Shooter :)
Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Why would i need to add a white edge to the logo? Also i have no idea how to do that, looked at some videos how to add an edge but my outcome made the logo worse, bits went missing from the camera and the bottom line.

I am going to make a brush out of the logo so i can add the watermark using photoshop, i can than change the colour to whatever i want.

I will be able to do that for you if you want.

So basically, better make the whole logo black, and add white edge.

TMG1961

TMG1961

Feb 8, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
I will be able to do that for you if you want.

So basically, better make the whole logo black, and add white edge.
I don't know. Why does it need a white edge? does the edge do something when i turn it into a brush for using in photoshop? For using in lightroom you need a black and a white version because you can not change the colour as far as i know when adding watermark during exporting raw file to jpg from lightroom.

Jack

Jack

Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
I don't know. Why does it need a white edge? does the edge do something when i turn it into a brush for using in photoshop? For using in lightroom you need a black and a white version because you can not change the colour as far as i know when adding watermark during exporting raw file to jpg from lightroom.

The reason why I add white edge or black, is because to be visible on all images. Example, a white logo, may not be very clear on a white photo.

TMG1961

TMG1961

Feb 8, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
The reason why I add white edge or black, is because to be visible on all images. Example, a white logo, may not be very clear on a white photo.
But how do you add the logo? You use it as a brush of you add the psd file to a new layer?

Jack

Jack

Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
But how do you add the logo? You use it as a brush of you add the psd file to a new layer?

No need new file, you can edit everything within that psd file I've sent to you.

TMG1961

TMG1961

Feb 8, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
No need new file, you can edit everything within that psd file I've sent to you.
Adding text to the psd file is not the problem. But making what is white black is something i can not do. I can create a brush from the psd file and use that, then it is very easy to change the colour of everything from white to black or red, green or blue. You then just need 1 brush and can change the size of the watermark, the colour and place it were you want.

Jack

Jack

Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Adding text to the psd file is not the problem. But making what is white black is something i can not do. I can create a brush from the psd file and use that, then it is very easy to change the colour of everything from white to black or red, green or blue. You then just need 1 brush and can change the size of the watermark, the colour and place it were you want.

You don't do it with brush. Never tried, so don't know how that looks. You have to do it within image settings.

Let me know the text you want to be within the logo, I will create one for you

TMG1961

TMG1961

Feb 8, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
You don't do it with brush. Never tried, so don't know how that looks. You have to do it within image settings.

Let me know the text you want to be within the logo, I will create one for you
Entering text into the psd file you send is not a problem. Once i have done that i click on edit and define brush presets and give the brush a name. Then on the photo i want to add the watermark i add a new layer call that layer watermark and use the brush tool and select the brush i created for the watermark to add the watermark. I can choose the size, colour and place of the watermark, can also pick it up and place it somewhere else if i want to.

For me that works best because i only have to create 1 psd file with the text i want and create a brush from that. If i want to change something i change it in the psd file and create a new brush.

Jack

Jack

Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Personally I create the watermark and upload it on lightroom, every time I export a photo, it has the watermark on it.

TMG1961

TMG1961

Feb 8, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Personally I create the watermark and upload it on lightroom, every time I export a photo, it has the watermark on it.
But you need more than 1 file if you want the watermark to be black or white or any other colour. I can change the colour of the added text but i can not or better know not how to change the colour of the white camera and line that are in the original psd file. That is why i use it as a brush, once i find a good font to use. Means a extra step of adding the watermark in photoshop but i can give it any colour with a single click of the mouse.

Jack

Jack

Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
But you need more than 1 file if you want the watermark to be black or white or any other colour. I can change the colour of the added text but i can not or better know not how to change the colour of the white camera and line that are in the original psd file. That is why i use it as a brush, once i find a good font to use. Means a extra step of adding the watermark in photoshop but i can give it any colour with a single click of the mouse.
That's the reason I have added colour edge to my watermark, so I don't have to add multiple files. In fact, all my websites logos are the same too. When you switch to black or white style, you still can see the logo.

TMG1961

TMG1961

Feb 8, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
That's the reason I have added colour edge to my watermark, so I don't have to add multiple files. In fact, all my websites logos are the same too. When you switch to black or white style, you still can see the logo.
Sorry but i don't understand what you mean. You totally lost me. If i add a png file as watermark in lightroom then how do i change the colour of the letters?

If i make a brush from the psd file i can change the colour of the text and the colour of the border of the camera logo with just a single click of the mouse.

This is what several colours look when using the brush.
DSC_4760.jpg

Jack

Jack

Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Sorry but i don't understand what you mean. You totally lost me. If i add a png file as watermark in lightroom then how do i change the colour of the letters?

If i make a brush from the psd file i can change the colour of the text and the colour of the border of the camera logo with just a single click of the mouse.

This is what several colours look when using the brush.
View attachment 1503

I usually have one watermark for all my images. Are you trying to have different watermarks with different colours ?

TMG1961

TMG1961

Feb 8, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
I usually have one watermark for all my images. Are you trying to have different watermarks with different colours ?
I usually use either black or white but it can be any colour you want. It depends on the photo, if it is light then i use black and if it is more dark i use a white logo. The thing i don't understand is how you can change the colour of the logo from white to black within lightroom when exporting the photo. I know that you can change the text colour when you use a text watermark in lightroom but not when you use a png file.

Jack

Jack

Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
I usually use either black or white but it can be any colour you want. It depends on the photo, if it is light then i use black and if it is more dark i use a white logo. The thing i don't understand is how you can change the colour of the logo from white to black within lightroom when exporting the photo. I know that you can change the text colour when you use a text watermark in lightroom but not when you use a png file.

When you click export, scroll down the the watermark, and you can add as many watermarks you wish.

You just need to have multiple png files.

TMG1961

TMG1961

Feb 8, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
When you click export, scroll down the the watermark, and you can add as many watermarks you wish.

You just need to have multiple png files.
I know, that is what i mean. You need a separate png file for black and for white. i have been doing it like you said all the time before i found out you can make a brush out of the psd file.

Now only need to find a matching font and then add text to the logo.

Jack

Jack

Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
I know, that is what i mean. You need a separate png file for black and for white. i have been doing it like you said all the time before i found out you can make a brush out of the psd file.

Now only need to find a matching font that and then add text to the logo.
I would say that down to the photographer how he want's his watermark to look.

Regarding the font style, use something like aerial, to fit nice with the logo.

Jack

Jack

Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
This is an example how the logo looks on white background

Untitled-1.jpg