Photography Watermark

Welcome to Explorness!

Looking for a peaceful place to meet other photographers from all around the world ? Then join us for FREE!!!

General photography discussion.
TMG1961

TMG1961

Feb 8, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
I will have a look for a good matching font later today and then create the watermark in photoshop and make a brush out of it. For me it works better then creating separate watermarks for black and white for using in lightroom. I almost always open the exported jpeg in photoshop anyway to change the size of the photo and adding the watermark as separate layer takes only a few seconds.

Jack

Jack

Photo Shooter :)
Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
I will have a look for a good matching font later today and then create the watermark in photoshop and make a brush out of it. For me it works better then creating separate watermarks for black and white for using in lightroom. I almost always open the exported jpeg in photoshop anyway to change the size of the photo and adding the watermark as separate layer takes only a few seconds.

If you net editing a lot of images, then I think it's ok, I just finished editing 900 images from my trip, and would take me a lot of time to move them to photoshop just to add the watermark.

TMG1961

TMG1961

Feb 8, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
If you net editing a lot of images, then I think it's ok, I just finished editing 900 images from my trip, and would take me a lot of time to move them to photoshop just to add the watermark.
I don't have that much to edit. Most of the time it is less than 25 images at a time.

Jack

Jack

Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
I don't have that much to edit. Most of the time it is less than 25 images at a time.

That's not a lot, and it's manageable to add watermark in Photoshop. Let us know when you finish your watermark.

TMG1961

TMG1961

Feb 8, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
I have made a watermark with a font that looks good. Not sure about the colour of the text. The outlining of the logo is light grey in both white and black. So i made 4 brushes with each a different test colour. From left to right the text in the logo is black, dark grey, middle grey and last is light grey. From all of these i created a brush and used it on a black background with foreground colour white and on a white background with foreground colour black.

Which one do you prefer? From left to right it is 1-4

This is how the watermark looks:
watermerken.jpg

Jack

Jack

Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Hi TMG1961 TMG1961 , personally I like the first one from your left. The logo however is not still visible.

TMG1961

TMG1961

Feb 8, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Hi TMG1961 TMG1961 , personally I like the first one from your left. The logo however is not still visible.
You mean the one that is black and white, not one of the grey ones. Not sure what you mean by the logo still not being visible, this is how it turns out when i create a brush from the logo.

Jack

Jack

Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
You mean the one that is black and white, not one of the grey ones. Not sure what you mean by the logo still not being visible, this is how it turns out when i create a brush from the logo.

On the second photo where the background is black, the logo itself is not really clear.

TMG1961

TMG1961

Feb 8, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
On the second photo where the background is black, the logo itself is not really clear.
Not sure why that is. Maybe because the logo is white? But i have no idea how to get that better so just have to leave it as it is. Don't think people will notice it when it is on a photo, it will be much smaller than the samples.

Jack

Jack

Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Not sure why that is. Maybe because the logo is white? But i have no idea how to get that better so just have to leave it as it is. Don't think people will notice it when it is on a photo, it will be much smaller than the samples.

Try to set it on couple of images, see how it looks.

Andy Smith

Andy Smith

Feb 10, 2022
Edit my images
No
the second logo looks best for me Theo, not too harsh and more pleasing to the eye i think.
If you need to make them more bright in Photoshop on certain images, you could always duplicate the logo layer and set the layer blending mode to multiply.

TMG1961

TMG1961

Feb 8, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
the second logo looks best for me Theo, not too harsh and more pleasing to the eye i think.
If you need to make them more bright in Photoshop on certain images, you could always duplicate the logo layer and set the layer blending mode to multiply.
Thank you Andy, I will have a look at that.

TMG1961

TMG1961

Feb 8, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
I find the grey ones the best. The text is not too bright and fits more with the logo itself which is a light grey instead of white. I think it is a question of seeing which of the watermarks fits best with an image. First going to try out what Andy suggested.

TMG1961

TMG1961

Feb 8, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
I think that i am doing something wrong or the multiply blending mode does not work with the logo. This is he result
duplicated layer mode.jpg

TMG1961

TMG1961

Feb 8, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Did try out some blending modes and this is what the result was. First exported the logo with white letters as png file and then pasted that as new layer on the photo. Then i used the blending mode subtract which turned the white logo and letters into black.

Here are both together, the white one is the original and the black one is with the blending mode subtract.
watermerkzwartwit.jpg

Jack

Jack

Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Did try out some blending modes and this is what the result was. First exported the logo with white letters as png file and then pasted that as new layer on the photo. Then i used the blending mode subtract which turned the white logo and letters into black.

Here are both together, the white one is the original and the black one is with the blending mode subtract.
View attachment 1507

The black one looks better for me. Very visible and clear. You did great job in Photoshop.

TMG1961

TMG1961

Feb 8, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
The black one looks better for me. Very visible and clear. You did great job in Photoshop.
Thank you. Going to depend on the photo which watermark i use, have option to go for solid colour of the camera and line or just the outline of them. Will decide later this weekend which version becomes the watermark.

TMG1961

TMG1961

Feb 8, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
I have made a watermark with a font that looks good. Not sure about the colour of the text. The outlining of the logo is light grey in both white and black. So i made 4 brushes with each a different test colour. From left to right the text in the logo is black, dark grey, middle grey and last is light grey. From all of these i created a brush and used it on a black background with foreground colour white and on a white background with foreground colour black.

Which one do you prefer? From left to right it is 1-4

This is how the watermark looks:
View attachment 1505
I have decided to go with the brushes i created. I prefer the outlined camera more than when the middle arch is solid white or black. Also very eay to give the watermark any colour i want with just a single mouse click.

Thanks again Jack for providing the logo.

Jack

Jack

Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
I have decided to go with the brushes i created. I prefer the outlined camera more than when the middle arch is solid white or black. Also very eay to give the watermark any colour i want with just a single mouse click.

Thanks again Jack for providing the logo.
No problem at all TMG1961 TMG1961 . Always happy to help, if you need anymore assistance, let me know please. I will move this topic to general talk photography.