Location What's the best location near you

• Thread starter Jack
  • Start date
  • Watchers 8

Welcome to Explorness!

Looking for a peaceful place to meet other photographers from all around the world ? Then join us for FREE!!!

This topic is open to discuss the best locations for landscape photography or recommended locations based on member's geographical place.
C

Chavezshutter

Feb 4, 2022
As the title says. What's the best location for landscape photography near where you live?

I have some nice location which is like 30 minutes drive from home. But if I want to get to National Parks, that's even more driving, between 3-4 hours drive.
I live in the western suburbs of Melbourne and I have access to a lot of smaller parks nearby, the coast is about 20 minutes away but all the good parks and coastline are at least an hour away. The one thing all tourist notice when they visit Oz is the massive span of the country and the amount of travel you have to do if you want to see a good chunk of it. When I visited my friend in Tasmania I thought everything would be a short drive away, wrong, you spend way more time travelling to a spot than you do at the actual spot. Lately I have been heading south west towards the start of the Great Ocean Road which is a famous and very picturesque stretch of road with great views along the coast which itself has many famous landmarks Like the 12 apostles rock formation as well as Torquay and Lorne which are 2 small beach towns synonymous with surfing culture. I have been doing astrophotography around this area which inludes the famous Bells beach - one of the locations for the world surf league competition.

H

Hal M

Feb 10, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
I’m in S Florida in the US, about 20 min from the ocean. I’ll see if I can get a moon rise over the ocean to post.

Jack

Jack

Photo Shooter :)
Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
In a while I'll go to the park near me. I hope I'll get some nice photos. Sky is very interesting today.

I would love to go out to take some images, but stuck at work 😅. I still have some images to edit which I've took on my last trip.

Morexp57

Morexp57

Feb 12, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
I live on the shores of Lake Geneva and can reach its banks in 30 minutes by foot. Otherwise, in twenty minutes by car, I can be in the forest that I love to photograph.

panos_adgr

panos_adgr

Feb 8, 2022
Edit my images
No
I live on the shores of Lake Geneva and can reach its banks in 30 minutes by foot. Otherwise, in twenty minutes by car, I can be in the forest that I love to photograph.
You are lucky being so close to such a wonderful place!
Welcome to the community and we are looking forward to see beautiful images from lave Geneva!

panos_adgr

panos_adgr

Feb 8, 2022
Edit my images
No
I would love to go out to take some images, but stuck at work 😅. I still have some images to edit which I've took on my last trip.
I wish you finish quick and relax. Do you work tomorrow as well?

Jack

Jack

Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes

You must be lucky, for me to get to the forest, I have to drive like an hour. Or I can visit any park nearby, but is not the same.

Morexp57

Morexp57

Feb 12, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
You are lucky being so close to such a wonderful place!
Welcome to the community and we are looking forward to see beautiful images from lave Geneva!
Yes, I feel really lucky to live in Lausanne, my city. I will post soon some images!

Morexp57

Morexp57

Feb 12, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
You must be lucky, for me to get to the forest, I have to drive like an hour. Or I can visit any park nearby, but is not the same.
You’re right, parks can be beautiful but it’s not the same as forests. I try to avoid any human structures in my photos, but it’s not often easy especially in Switzerland where everything is small and well populated.

panos_adgr

panos_adgr

Feb 8, 2022
Edit my images
No
Yes, I feel really lucky to live in Lausanne, my city. I will post soon some images!
Nice city. I've been once but many many years ago. In 1998.
I was also in Montreux.
I have some Agfa color slides somewhere in my archive. They were taken from Glion Institute.

Jack

Jack

Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
You’re right, parks can be beautiful but it’s not the same as forests. I try to avoid any human structures in my photos, but it’s not often easy especially in Switzerland where everything is small and well populated.
Yes, I try to avoid people in my images. Have you tried during the week days ? Maybe parks are not so packed ?

Morexp57

Morexp57

Feb 12, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Nice city. I've been once but many many years ago. In 1998.
I was also in Montreux.
I have some Agfa color slides somewhere in my archive. They were taken from Glion Institute.
There is a superb view of Lake Geneva from Glion!

Morexp57

Morexp57

Feb 12, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Yes, I try to avoid people in my images. Have you tried during the week days ? Maybe parks are not so packed ?
Yes, there are less people during the week, that's clear. But I was mostly talking about man-made structures like paths, public benches, etc.

Jack

Jack

Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Yes, there are less people during the week, that's clear. But I was mostly talking about man-made structures like paths, public benches, etc.
Sadly, these are unavoidable nowadays. Unless you go forest, and even there you will find paths and human made structures.