Welcome to Explorness!

Looking for a peaceful place to meet other photographers from all around the world ? Then join us for FREE!!!

The main use of this thread is to share a photo per post. Please share an appropriate photo to the subject.
Photo Theme 

Tele Birding

New photo Theme.

Please post the best images you have in stock.

Subject:Birds
Photo credit: Jack Jack
Start date:2022
Rules:
  • 1 Photo per post
  • Do not spam.
  • Post the location.
  • Name of the Camera.
  • Only pictures taken with Camera are allowed.
End date:Indefinitely
Photo:599A0629.jpg

NOTE: TeleWildLife is not a Photo Hosting Company, do please consider commenting, posting and getting engaged in other threads and topics on site.

Jack
Jack
A bit about me. Not the best guy to introduce myself. I have been in photography for 5+ years now, and had this passion since I was a kid. I didn't knew about it till I bought my first Camera 7D M2, which I'm using it till present and very happy...
View all 6 featured items
daniel_photo1966

daniel_photo1966

Jun 2, 2023
Love in Italy, in Italian is Fratino ( Charadrius alexandrinus )

Attachments

• IMG_3761.jpeg
    IMG_3761.jpeg
    319.7 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_3760.jpeg
    IMG_3760.jpeg
    100.6 KB · Views: 1
S

Sean De Freitas

Jun 20, 2023
Edit my images
No
Just checking out my new (backup) camera on some of the local wildlife. Very happy with the results with this beautiful Pink Galah.
Sony A7IV with 200-600mm lens @ 430mm, ISO2000, f6.3, 1/2000th second. Howrah, Tasmania, Australia.

Attachments

• A7408104-ARW_DxO_DeepPRIMEXD.jpg
    A7408104-ARW_DxO_DeepPRIMEXD.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 1
Phil Nicholson

Phil Nicholson

Nov 6, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Mute swan, taken at "Low barn nature reserve" Durham, with a Cannon R7 using a RF 800mm f/11 IS STM Super Telephoto Lens. This is my new camera so I'm still getting use to it. Comments and tips welcome.

Done copy.jpg

Phil Nicholson

Phil Nicholson

Nov 6, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
This is the first time I have seen a coot out of the water, and what really amazed me was his feet!

Done.jpg

Andy Smith

Andy Smith

Feb 10, 2022
Edit my images
No
Nice shots there Phil, I love the detail on the swan and the pigeon, but the Coot seems just a little noisy and not quite as sharp.
I hear good things about the R7 so am sure you will get some more great shots with it.
How are you liking that lens? I am on the fence at the moment about it but I do need a long lens and am considering this one, it's just i do use my camera in low light sometimes and the F/11 puts me off a little because of that.

Phil Nicholson

Phil Nicholson

Nov 6, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Nice shots there Phil, I love the detail on the swan and the pigeon, but the Coot seems just a little noisy and not quite as sharp.
I hear good things about the R7 so am sure you will get some more great shots with it.
How are you liking that lens? I am on the fence at the moment about it but I do need a long lens and am considering this one, it's just i do use my camera in low light sometimes and the F/11 puts me off a little because of that.
Hi Andy, firstly thank you for your comments. I am really impressed with the R7, it's my first "serious" camera and with 32MP the images are sharp, as for low light I have not tried that out yet, but with the ISO max settings 32000 I have read that it focuses well in dimly lit situations. I am planning to try it out in low light when the night sky is clear my subject will be the moon.

The one thing to remember about the F11 is that its a fixed focal length so the minimum distance is 20' . Using the tracking capabilities of the camera with the F11 is difficult and takes some getting used to. Because of the comparative light weight you can use it without a tripod, which I have done with varying degrees of success.

The camera is capable of taking 30 frames a second and a max' shutter speed 1/16000. I will post a photo of one I took without a rest or tripod for you to look at. I am really happy that I bought the camera and lenses and in the hands of an experienced photographer like yourself, I'm sure you will easily get to grips with it and produce marvellous photos.

The photo below was a long distance handheld shot, it's unedited apart from running the de-noise application in lightroom. Of course the original file (RAW) was far too big for this program and I have reduced it to J-peg to upload it.

Anyway I hope this helps you Andy. Have a great day.

4L1A3661.jpg

Andy Smith

Andy Smith

Feb 10, 2022
Edit my images
No
Hi Andy, firstly thank you for your comments. I am really impressed with the R7, it's my first "serious" camera and with 32MP the images are sharp, as for low light I have not tried that out yet, but with the ISO max settings 32000 I have read that it focuses well in dimly lit situations. I am planning to try it out in low light when the night sky is clear my subject will be the moon.

The one thing to remember about the F11 is that its a fixed focal length so the minimum distance is 20' . Using the tracking capabilities of the camera with the F11 is difficult and takes some getting used to. Because of the comparative light weight you can use it without a tripod, which I have done with varying degrees of success.

The camera is capable of taking 30 frames a second and a max' shutter speed 1/16000. I will post a photo of one I took without a rest or tripod for you to look at. I am really happy that I bought the camera and lenses and in the hands of an experienced photographer like yourself, I'm sure you will easily get to grips with it and produce marvellous photos.

The photo below was a long distance handheld shot, it's unedited apart from running the de-noise application in lightroom. Of course the original file (RAW) was far too big for this program and I have reduced it to J-peg to upload it.

Anyway I hope this helps you Andy. Have a great day.

View attachment 369
Thanks Phil, I look forward to your moon shots.
I have a lot of hawks and other raptors around me and my current 400mm set up just doesn't get me close enough. They are very active in the evenings which is why I am concerned about the f/11 focal length and low light capabilities.